M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today, price was raised from $98, to $118 per 200rnds.

Reactions: billythegoat

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Supply and demand.

5,445 Posts
Not supply and demand... INFLATION NATION!

If it was merely supply and demand then only certain products (those in demand) would see a marked price increase. Instead, every facet of our lives HAS seen a price increase. Everything. Thus, INFLATION NATION! It is only going to become worse too!

Buckle down boys and girls.

On the bright side... those of us who hoarded ammunition back in 2012 (and/or earlier)... we're sitting on proverbial gold mines right now. GI8

Last Saturday, my best friend took a look at my ammunition store and asked me how much I paid for it. I told him. He then looked at me wide-eyed realizing each of my rounds are presently valued at $1.50 or greater. He did a quick calculation and replied, "You are sitting on a proverbial gold mine... to the tune of over CENSOREDGI dollars!". I merely smiled.

Some commodities are priceless... I consider ammunition to be one such commodity. Water, food, and clothing being others.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
thanks for the update, I had some parts and a can in my shopping cart, I had decided to put off the order till after I got back from vacation, well it was still in there at $98 so I went ahead and submitted the order. I guess they may charge me for the 118, we shall see

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quantitative Easing at its finest. If you don't know it; LOOK IT UP!
The feds are printing $80 BILLION a month, most of which is going to banks to pay bonds, debt, ect.
If reality sets in and the interest rates go back to the norm of 6-7% instead of them 'fixing' them at their current rate, over 90% of tax revenue will be going into paying ONLY THE INTEREST of all the money we owe.
Watch out stock market and welcome to the new world order.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hmm, I don't think they mentioned that one in thier last sales update. They said they were limiting amounts of certain surplus parts you could order, cuz folks are being jerks about it, but I saw nothing on ammo.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to order, but unfortunately won't be able to pick up any until after I finish paying everything off, which will be about 3 months after I ETS...so MAYBE in June/July.

I had to go and promise my wife the tax return would go towards paying off stuff...but well worth it to be debt free I suppose.

I have about 1k of HXP sitting in my closet...think I'll ask for more for my birthday.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
In mid 2013 the HXP was $0.49 / round.

Today it is $0.73 / round

Increase of 47% in roughly 2 years....

But the government says inflation is "under control"....

Hobo

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Guys you don't want to even think about how cheap it was in 2006-07. I bought 14,400 rounds of HXP in 2006 for 25c/round OTD. The sealed 240 round spam cans and also clipped 192 round cans. If you belonged to a club in which members competed in rattle battle type competition one could get it even cheaper. Spam can were $55 plus tax. Only ammo I have purchased since was M2 AP and LC M1 Carbine.

At current HXP prices I would purchase new manufactured Prvi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts