M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Lookin' real good there HH ...

Is that a 9mm High Power I see there?

BTW ... What exactly are Delrin grips and what is there main purpose if any? They look rather "sleakish" ... Which I would assume would leave some with a comfortable grip ... :wink:

Six

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Yes Six, A FN Hi Power MKIII. Delrin is a material by Dupont. About industructable. Spegel grips speak for themselves. The grips were special order. Spegel's deep checkering makes for a solid grip even when hands or grips are wet. New Hi Powers come with a 10rd mag but the old mags fit fine.

HuntingHawk

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Thanks TomR. Hi Power doesn't look fancy like a 1911 but doesn't need all that work to make them a good shooter. This MKIII is so sweet I'm building a duplicate to it. Give me one each for assault harness & main battle harness.

HuntingHawk

·
Registered
141 Posts
8) I've always been a fan of the 1911 style, the closest I've shot is a S&W 9mm duty pistol. I bet this puppy is real nice to shoot. I think it might be glare from the camera, but if thats silver around the grip it looks nice. I think its black though, its late and my eyes cant tell. When you build up its twin, get some nice layed out scenes and really show em off hehehe

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Browning designed both the 1911 & the Hi Power & stated the Hi Power was everything the 1911 should have been.
I've had a MKI for years & a MKII for a few. I shot a MKIII & knew it was a winner with a few changes. One is good. Two is better. SO now have four.
Already have the second MKIII & have already ordered a delrin grip from Craig Spegel & a no bite ring hammer from C&S.
Picture wasn't with the best light. But I get this second MKIII built & try to get some good pictures taken of all four.

HuntingHawk

M-14 & P-35 make the perfect pair.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Is that one of the new FN Military Industries imports? Marked "Made in Belgium" (only) on the slide?

Those have the best frames in the whole FN HP series. I was told when I purchased one about two years ago that I could have the front strap checkered (and this frame design was the only one that would allow this). Any truth to that?

I always wanted a Novak Hi-Power...then I fell in a serious case of lust with my HK USP 45C :)

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
I have never seen a front strap checkered on one. But have seen where grooves are put into the front strap from top to bottom. Those that I have seen the same thing was done to the trigger at the same time.

This can't be done one the new ones marked Browning as that's where the serial number is. Confuses me why they would do that. One of my new MKIIIs is FN & the other Browning. Both guns the parts are made at the Browning factory.

HuntingHawk

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Something I failed to mention is the right pair of grips & don't need to modify the front strap. I can't say enough about Spegel grips. The checkering is real deep which makes for a great grip. You can get drips with exotic woods or the delrin material which is what I prefer & have on both my MKIIIs. Also for ArmyCPT, spend the movey & get from C&S a no bite ring hammer. Grips are $75 & hammer is $60. Those two items make a great pistol even better. There's something you can do to your Hi Power that doesn't cost money but improves it. Cut exactly three rings off the mag safety spring. It lightens the trigger pull & allows empty mags to free fall out of the mags well.

HuntingHawk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts