M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trung you left me an opening to do this again. The only thing is I don't have the answer. GI2 Here you are:

The only thing I know is it comes from Norway.
-

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Oh my
At the same time They are all Interesting ,Neat, Kinda Kool, Weird, Different, Strange
Most of all curious where in the world did you acquire them

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Trung you left me an opening to do this again. The only thing is I don't have the answer. GI2 Here you are:

The only thing I know is it comes from Norway.
-
AFAIR it is some kind of early, old Steel or Wall penetrating Round made by Raufuss, the People that make the Concrete Penetrators for the Barrett .50 Cal's!

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"charlesPOSTLEwade" said:
Most of all curious where in the world did you acquire them
I got them from Norway, my father brought them here when he made the trip to our great country. Dad passed away in 86 and I just found them recently so I never got the story. GI4

-

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
AFAIR it is some kind of early, old Steel or Wall penetrating Round made by Raufuss, the People that make the Concrete Penetrators for the Barrett .50 Cal's!
On a side note, Raufoss has been doing solely medium caliber (.50 Cal through 37mm) for the past 15-20 years. All their small stuff now comes from Finland.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must have been some kind of interesting gun too. From the appearance of the shells they must have loaded into the bolt and had no chamber in the barrel. The extractor was mounted to the frame and the bolt would go back, when the shell stopped the bolt would continue back removing the shell from the bolt. I have never seen a concept such as this.

-

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hmmm... seen these before... I thought the general consensus was that these were part of a belt of MG ammo and the cloth belt had disintegrated years ago. The metal rings were sewn into the fabric... I may be completely wrong... but those sure do look familiar.

Sorry what does the headstamp read? And what caliber is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts