M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first M1A and I have been swapping out the parts I can with USGI.
I recently came across a marked HRA gas system and was wondering if it's any good or if I should avoid HRA as I have heard mixed messages on them

·
Administrator
17,752 Posts
I recently purchased my first M1A and I have been swapping out the parts I can with USGI.
I recently came across a marked HRA gas system and was wondering if it's any good or if I should avoid HRA as I have heard mixed messages on them
It sounds like someone is after your HRA gas system real cheap... zero I have heard/read here that HRA being 2nd rated to any of the other three manufactures 17947794.

DI5

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
There is no problem with H&R. H&R was the only manufacturer to manufacture M1 Garands, M14s and M16s. They had to meet the same standards as the other manufacturers. If its a used gas cylinder have it gauged to make sure it not worn out.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
From what I've gleaned from this forum, the circled T (which I believe stands for Torrington, a subcontractor for HRA) gas cylinders are the only USGI gas cylinders that can tied to specific manufacturer. I have one on my rifle.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
From what I've gleaned from this forum, the circled T (which I believe stands for Torrington, a subcontractor for HRA) gas cylinders are the only USGI gas cylinders that can tied to specific manufacturer. I have one on my rifle.
No lip Winchester gas cylinders were also marked.

There's nothing wrong with HRA parts. NOTHING.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts