M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Welcome from Texas , Rosebuds Dad. Your doing the right thing researching before your 1st buy. What do you want from your rifle ? & what are it's intended uses? Have you had the opportunity to compare a loaded or a standard side by side with a NM? and last of all you'll have to get at least two because Rosebud's gonna want one also.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,631 Posts
Welcome on board Rosebuds Dad, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you. I started with a National Match on day one and never looked back and thought I made the correct decision for myself. I'm on my 2nd barrel and still love the rifle every time I set foot on a rifle range with it Rosebuds Dad. Read post #366 New Mexico Range Report.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Welcome from Roswell, Georgia -> watch Tony Ben's (one of our Forum members) series of videos (you can search youtube).

Also - use the search function on the forum to find great information on just about anything you want to research!

M1Army

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the forum 'Dad'.
I had bought the loaded model thinking that the NM parts in a standard rifle would be enough for the local competitions that I would shoot in. It served me well for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have shot a Socom16 and a Loaded. I would rather buy a NM that has most of the bells and whistles already. I just like to shoot. I have a Stag 8L that I have shooting 1.5 moa with handloads.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Welcome from Southern IL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts