M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I should have joined here a long time ago but better late than never.

My last name is Sargent, hence my username .... never was in the military due to health reasons.

I got a SA M1A NM several years ago ....... 8 if I remember correctly.

I'm a tile setter so I traded a gun store owner tile work for a new M1A.

It was a good trade, about 40 hours of work and no cash out of my pocket.

At the time I had several other firearms and didn't have any experience with the M1A.

I didn't know about all the different types, forged receivers, G.I. parts and so on.

The gun hasn't been fired much, it's open sights, was broken in cleaning after every shot for the first 10 then every 5 up to 50.

It had a few jams in the beginning but has settled down now.

I've shot my best groups ever with this gun.

I was side tracked with other hobbies for years and now want to focus on this rifle and a few others.

My first step is a front sight alignment tool.

........ sorry for the long post ..... guess it's time to move on to the forum with this! BEERCHUG1

sargent

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. You will find years of info and a great group of members here. Have fun digging around and please keep us posted on your progress with the rifle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome! It's always good to see fellow Californians here. Spend some time reading through the forums and soak in the knowledge...so many of the members here have forgotten more information about the M14 than I'll ever learn. Let's see some photos of your rifle!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys ..... I really appreciate it!

Tony ... I figured that was the case about the front sight ..... I'm about one click away from 0 and I don't want chase it but it is what it is!

Here are some pics.

This corrosion on the barrel looks terrible in the picture!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.