M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined last night when an internet search led me here. I'm a former Canadian Military Engineer who moved to Texas from Vancouver, B.C. 10 years ago. I'm currently a SSgt. with the Texas State Guard and I work for Texas Instruments. I collect militaria, with a focus on WWII Royal Canadian Engineers and 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Vietnam era. I collect and restore vintage radios with a focus on WS 19 and PRC 25's and I restore vintage military vehicles. My current project is a 1962 M37B1 which is 95% complete. I'm presently getting back into shooting sports after having to sell my collection before my move to the U.S. I had a H & R US Rifle M14 which I had to sell as it had a Full Auto receiver. I used to shoot it in HP competitions and I'm looking for an M1A NM to replace it.

Derek.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. Sounds like you manage to fill your spare time. Good luck on the search for the right NM. Keep us posted on how it goes. Meanwhile, grab a cup and join in the fun.GITEN

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Welcome aboard the forums. I too am a collector and restorer of vintage short wave radios from the 30s-50s. I was a Radioman 2nd Class Petty officer on an ammo ship for three tours to the Nam between 62-66.

7th

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sapper,

Welcome from North Houston (Kingwood) you'll find more information than you can stuff in your head here.

Sound's like you'll fit in nicely here!

Make sure that you check out the Texas section in the regions forum, if you live in the Houston area we'll be doing a range day soon, come on out & join us!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Yes, this looks like the forum to be on for info regarding building an accurate M1A. I'll keep everyone apprised on my progress.

Derek.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.