M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,

New member to the forum from Abilene TX. A little background:

Trained on the M14 in college Army ROTC back in the early 70's, shot with the Ft. Polk rifle team once in the early 80's on one of their NM M14's. Over the years I've owned a Beretta BM62, and a Polytech M14. Also had an HK91 and currently have a couple of FAL's, a German G1 and an Austrian STG58, both built on DCI receivers.

I recently bought an SAI M1A, built mainly with GI parts, stainless medium contour match barrel. Back to my first love!

I retired from the local Sheriff's Office in 2007 as a Sergeant, where I served in many capacities, one of which was Department Rangemaster and Armorer for 15 years. Trained at Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, and several other allied schools and trainers. Have spent the last several years participating in the Jeff Cooper Reunion at NRA Whittington Center, and served as an asst. RO at the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun. Participated in IPSC as a competitor and RO back in the early days as well. (Practical pistol and rifle matches back in the late 70's and early 80's.)

Looking forward to participating in the forums!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome Sarge! Souds like things have come full circle for you. Glad to have you aboard, looks like you'll fit right inDI2

God bless Texas!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Welcome to the group. Its good to have another rifleman to defend the republic.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Greetings to you and the great state of Texas. Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you bring the experience and knowledge that makes this site such a great resource. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome aboard and it's great to have another fellow Texan and retired LEO!

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, sargehuf, sounds like you are well qualified to be in our group. GI2 I know that you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Wave ELCOME

Welcome to the forum glad to have more texan's here !

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

"All gave some but some gave ALL"

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome, great folks and a tons of information here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the welcomes, folks!

Hope I can contribute to the forums. I know that I'm going to learn a lot, in fact already have.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Did not see that, this newbi has been a member for four years and he has 6 posts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts