M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this message finds everyone well. When I was a "Misguided Child" we were issued some USED M14's. Mine came with a selector switch. When my DI saw this he marched me to the Hollywood armory to have a few parts removed. After that all was well. I am sure that this rifle just came back from a combat zone (Somewhere in southeast Asia) due to the fact it was serviceable, full auto but well worn. It was my best buddy for parade, snap-in and finally to the range. I did a crossed rifles out of boot camp but as I grew older I could only do a SS.
I hope you enjoyed my first story. El Bearo

·
Administrator
17,196 Posts
Welcome aboard El Bearo, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great weekend. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
802 Posts
Enjoy the forum! I was born in New Orleans in 1953 & lived in Metairie for decades. Went to grammar school at St. Louis in Buck Town in the late '50s to the mid '60s, Rummel High School in the mid '60s to the very early '70s, LSUNO in the early '70s, then ROTC at SLU up in Hammond in the early to late '70s. Practiced with the M1ANM/M14NM at the range over in Honey Island/Pearl River WMA & shot competition down at the St. Bernard Pistol & Rifle Range. Bought firearms from Steve Collara and Steve Geraci at Chalmette Jewelry until BATFE shut them down (unjustly IMO). I still dearly miss all the fantastic deep fried soft shell crabs/boiled crabs/boiled crawfish/stuffed flounder in Buck Town and in West End Park before Hurricane Katrina at Maggie & Smitty's/The original Bart's/The Port Hole (where I drank my first beer!)/ Bruning's (which opened in 1859!)/Schaefers/Deanie's/Fitzgerald's/etc. John Blanchard (owner of Rock-N-Bowl & Ye Olde College Inn) and I went to St. Louis and Rummel High together in the late '50s, '60s, & early '70s. Very fond memories indeed!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good place to be for M14 type and Garand rifles, and most firearms in general.
Shoot, share and enjoy.

ranger7gt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts