M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had any experiences with the Howas ..... :?:

Friend of mine has a heavy barrel in .308. I believe they were take offs from the Weatherby Vanguards. For the price they are fine shootin' bolt actions with a smooth action.

Their generally mounted on the black synthetic stocks ...

Six

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi SixT

I've seen two heavy bbl. models. Mdl. 1500 both in 24" bbl. VARMINT

and PCS ( Police Counter Sniper Rifle ) Both feels nice but, haven't

shot neither one. For the price of the rifle, it's worth a try........ :lol:

You can always sell it if you don't like it......Both available in blue or

stainless and synthetic or wood stocks.....

Gil

·
Rest in peace
1,399 Posts
Actually, the Weatherby Vanguard was a modified Howa action. They also built several different rifles for the old Interarms Company. These are well-built weapons, just never hit America under their own name. :D

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I own a HOWA 1500 Lightning Stainless in 300WinMag. The action is super smooth and the rifle is accurate. The only problme I have with it is that it's really light weight with a hard synthetic stock...with that combination and the 300 Winchester Mangnum ammo, it kicks like a MULE! 8O It kicks harder than my benelli shotgun and I can't stand shooting more than 5 rounds in a sitting. Outch! :!: :lol:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
They all so made mossberg rifles and smith & wesson had a Howa 223 could shot the eye's out of flies with it but the trigger had to be worked on lot of creep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.