·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Libtards strike again.

Reactions: racer

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I were you I'd strip out the receiver. Then you can either pick up a new receiver (either a Chinese one or a US-made one) and rebuild it as a non-restricted, or sell the USGI parts (sans receiver) to other M-14 enthusiasts in Canada. Unless you have a prohibited license or know someone who does, there's probably no way to save the receiver in functional condition.

Whatever you do don't just turn the rifle or the receiver over to the police, destroy it yourself if it comes to that and then have them verify it. If you turn it over it becomes part of the "formerly legal guns taken off the streets from bad-guys" statistic, and that's ammunition the antis love to use against us.

If you aren't on the Canadian Gun Nutz forum you should go check it out, there's a thriving community of M-14 owners who frequent the Battle Rifles section there. Many of them would be happy to help you out if you decide to rebuild it or part it out.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
aren't the real M14 receivers prohibited in Canada just like the U.S.? I would make sure it is legal to have and sell before doing anything else. If a converted is good to go in Canada, then you should have no trouble getting top dollar in your country. I would love to have one like you describe, as most others here would too. BUT, we are not trusted to not hurt ourselves with a real/converted one.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,298 Posts
I know that, but the feds don't have a sense of humor. I always enjoy a good joke. I just wouldn't want any of the good folks here on TFL to get nailed in one of those stupid stings the DOJ is always running.

I don't know much about Canadian laws. Advice to strip the receiver and do something with the parts makes a lot of sense. Either build a legal rifle or sell off the parts. The receiver will have to be turned in or destroyed. It's a shame that stupid hoplaphobes make these silly laws.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Yep, salvage what you can. The parts that aren't illegal at least, and build another one using said parts.
Sorry to tell ya that you have to build or buy a new one.
Turn the others in to the Govt. and get papers saying that you did. At least that's what I would do... papers are even possible to get.
This law, like some other govt. Laws, just aren't logical. But hey, that's MY logical mind thinking that their logic is not logical. Ahhh, right.

Dutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to clarify, the gun is registered in Canada and I can get permits to take it to and from US border crossings for competitions in the states.

So, is it legal for US citizens to own this type of gun?

Can I sell it when I am in the states?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just to clarify, the gun is registered in Canada and I can get permits to take it to and from US border crossings for competitions in the states.

It is sad we Americans can not buy your US made machine gun. If it is on the books with the ATF in America it can be owned in some states with a lot of paper work and a $200 tax. Once a machine gun always a machine gun as they say in the US. We can not buy it period. You will go to prison if you sell that in America and go back to Canada without it.

·
Registered
15 Posts

You're not getting an ATT to take a prohib anywhere except somewhere to get rid of it. Either buy a new receiver and rebuild it on that, or part it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.