M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post on this board. I just found it last night & have enjoyed looking through the archives. I have a question about my M1a. I traded for it about a year ago. It is a Springfield Armory serial number 0466XX. Does anyone have any idea when it was made? Thanks.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Welcome aboard Chadkok! Glad ya found us. :D No but if you call Springfield Inc. at 1-800-680-6866 they will be happy to tell you. They will also be able to tell you whether it left as a built rifle or as a receiver. Let us know how you make out.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
chadkok said:
Hello,

This is my first post on this board. I just found it last night & have enjoyed looking through the archives. I have a question about my M1a. I traded for it about a year ago. It is a Springfield Armory serial number 0466XX. Does anyone have any idea when it was made? Thanks.
Hi Chadkok!

Welcome aboard!! :) You should register in! Don't be a stranger.

What Hawk said is prob. your best bet to find out the exact year and month your rifle was built, however, based on the serial # range...it looks like you have a Preban M1A there. The last of the preban serial # range ended around the 086XXX range I remember correctly.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I inquired about a s/n very close to yours...pretty darn sure you're in the 85/86 timeframe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just found out today that mine, 14xxx, was made in July 1980.

Bill

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Hello,

I just herd back from Springfield armory on my double lug super match walnut stock super match, ser 00347x left the factory as a receiver 8/19/1975.
i wonder who built it?
got it in a trade, my first M1A. only marking on the barrel is a #15 on top by the receiver.
here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I just herd back from Springfield armory on my double lug super match walnut stock super match, ser 00347x left the factory as a receiver 8/19/1975.
i wonder who built it?
got it in a trade, my first M1A. only marking on the barrel is a #15 on top by the receiver.
here are a few pictures.
You are posting in an 18 year old thread. Would have been better to start your own.

Reactions: The Once-Ler

·
Registered
152 Posts
An ‘archive’ function would prevent this sort of thing from happening. It’s pretty much any forum that uses this format, not just here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts