M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how thick standard printer paper or other similar common material is so I can make a slight sight adjustment? Need another inch or so at 100 yards. TIA

Rob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheetahman said:
Most human hair is about .002 to .004. So, you ain't talking about much distance.
Thanx gents. Yeah, I know I just need to move the sight a "scosh". I put a dab of white-out on the site base and sight for an index mark and will loosen and tap gently the site and just need some kind of a gauge. It sounds like a 2-3 sheets of paper thickness should be about right. Thanx!

Rob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Scribe Marks

Milo Maker said:
BigGuns, put you a scribe mark on your front sight and one on your sight base, it will be permenent, white out will be removed easly. :)
Thanx MM.

Since I was pretty sure I needed to only do this once (or very infrequently) the white out worked fine. Three sheets of paper moved my POI about 1.5", perfect. Blew out the black 4 inch bullseye with Hirt and Aussie from 100 yards with irons. Very happy now..

Rob :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.