M14 Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
M1A SOCOM 16
54 Posts
21 rounds 45acp sometimes an extra 3 mags in the truck.
WOW, you're ready for the hood
Much like Sniper, I carry 45acp in similar amounts. 1911 in Condition One (7+1 in pipe) with 2 spare mags of 7 each (22 rounds on my person) plus 3 spare mags for my 1911. My wife has similar capacity for her 380acp Bersa. Beyond that, I’ll invoke OPSEC for what may or may not be found in our vehicles at any given moment.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,545 Posts
One thing that should be mentioned is that you should only carry FACTORY ammo that has been tested and tested again for reliably in your EDC and because if you are taken to court and you have reloads in your gun then "They must be loaded for more lethality then factory loads" even thought they may not be. I am working a 88gn 9mm TC cast bullet cast in Pewter, in #2 alloy it drops at 117gns. I am hoping to get them up to 1600-1700fps out of a 5" barrel, they are very hard and I don't see a leading problem. I would like to try a hollow point mold too but I do not have one yet.

eQ

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
889 Posts
As long as it proves itself reliable- carrying the same ammo that's issued to your local LEO for duty carry is never a bad idea. For me, it just so happens that my ammo of choice has proven itself reliable and accurate in each of my handguns, it is my local LEO duty ammo, and I have no doubt about its ability to do its job in each caliber I carry- Federal HST LE.

Reactions: Old18C

·
Registered
SA precision loaded
161 Posts
Well, I guess I'm paranoid. I have been an LEO for over 30 years.

My EDC is a Glock 45 with a 17 +1 loadout and one spare 17 round mag. ( I just transitioned from a Glock 22 .40 S&W to the 9mm due to arthritis in my wrists.)

My BUG is a KelTec P3AT with a 7 +1 loadout and one spare 7 round mag.

In my truck I carry a Remington TAC13 12 ga. with a 5 round magazine capacity with sling with 8 rounds of 00 Buck and 4 1 oz. slugs.
I want you on my Walking Dead team. 👍

Reactions: packratt66

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I want you on my Walking Dead team. 👍
Just head shoot 'em with a .22LR. Remember the AM180? Perfect zombie gun. When I was with the KSCO in the 80's a sales rep brought one to our range and cut a concrete block in half with it. Fun.

Reactions: packratt66

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Okay, a bunch of us carry concealed weapons of various types and styles.

How much extra ammo do you carry on you ?

One or more magazines, or speed loaders?

I generally carry 18 rounds total, 9 in and 9 in a extra mag. When it's cold and carrying a larger gun double that with larger magazine capacity
Getting ready to go to get a case of beer:

Flash photography Vest Tints and shades Event Performance art

·
Registered
SA precision loaded
161 Posts
Just head shoot 'em with a .22LR. Remember the AM180? Perfect zombie gun. When I was with the KSCO in the 80's a sales rep brought one to our range and cut a concrete block in half with it. Fun.

That’s awesome. I imagine loading that mag is like lining up dominoes. What a fun gun.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Off-duty:
During cool Florida weather (sub 80 temps) usually Shield .40 (6+1) and one spare 7-round mag and I have other loaded mags in the car.
or
Glock 27 (.40 cal) is 9+1 and a spare 15-round mag with more loaded 15-rounders in the car.

Always (as primary in hot Florida weather and as backup in cool) LCP II .380ACP is 6+1 and one spare 7-rounder with more loaded mags in the car.

The car contains loose ammo and other defensive gear as well.

John at ASP is a SME. Jump to 5:25 of his video to get his input:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am retired. I don't have a normal every day.

When I get up in the morning, I put on swim trunks and a t-shirt in the summer or a sweat suit in the winter until I shower and dress. I usually drop an NAA Mini-Mag 22M in my pocket since it doesn't pull my pants down. Other guns are nearby. Some days, I never get dressed.

On days I go to the gym, I carry a Sig P938 9mm with a spare magazine in my cargo shorts pockets.

On days I am taking my wife to Portland, Oregon to visit her elderly relatives, I carry an FN FNX-45 Tactical with two spare fifteen round magazines on my belt plus the Sig P938 and spare magazine in my pockets.

On days I am running errands or shopping in the local area, I carry a 1911 in either .45 ACP or 10mm plus two spare magazines on my belt. Sometimes I add a pocket gun.

On days I am going to rural areas or the woods, I usually carry a .357 magnum revolver or a .44 magnum revolver on my belt with two to four speed loaders on my belt.

Sometimes I add a shotgun and/or a rifle in the vehicle with extra ammo. Sometimes it is a lever-action rifle. Sometimes it is a bolt-action rifle. Sometimes it is an AR-15, an AR-10, or an M1A.

On days I am a volunteer RSO or training others at the gun club, it is a number of handguns and long guns in various calibers.
On what day do you carry an M2? Just kidding, of course. Hope you train REGULARLY with ALL those tools. Experience has proven, it's not necessarily the caliber, but bullet placement that gets the job done. "Beware the man that only has one gun...and knows how to use it."

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,124 Posts
Okay, a bunch of us carry concealed weapons of various types and styles.

How much extra ammo do you carry on you ?

One or more magazines, or speed loaders?
One eight round magazine on me, while I have two more eight round magazines in my vehicle.

XXIV Corps

·
Registered
M1A SOCOM 16
54 Posts
Today is similar to all others, with 9 rounds of .45 in the pistol, with 2 spare 8 round mags.

If it’s not. 1911 day, then the pistol has 16 rounds of 9mm, and one spare 17 round mag is carried.
question. You don’t carry Condition One? Also, I am curious as to your reasons, if you don’t mind.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts