M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, a bunch of us carry concealed weapons of various types and styles.

How much extra ammo do you carry on you ?

One or more magazines, or speed loaders?

I generally carry 18 rounds total, 9 in and 9 in a extra mag. When it's cold and carrying a larger gun double that with larger magazine capacity

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I carry 3 extra mags...and 1 in the unit. 12-rounds each. too much? 😁 - .40 cal

..and a Karambit blade..for opening 'boxes'.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
889 Posts
9mm: Small-13 loaded plus 12 in spare mag; Large-16 loaded plus 15 in spare mag.

40 S&W: 15 loaded plus 14 in spare mag.

.45 ACP: 9 loaded plus 8 in spare mag.

·
Registered
SA precision loaded
161 Posts
15 total. 8+7.
P938 pocket pistol

25 in winter and in the woods.
P2000 in .40

·
Registered
549 Posts
When camping I like to take a folding .40 Smith & Wesson carbine with two magazines. Sixteen plus another nineteen rounds. The long gun can fit into a backpack but I can get hits out to about 62 yards with it. My marksmanship with a pistol is not that good. I know I need to get better but I cannot hit an 8.5 x 11 inch target with a pistol very reliably beyond seven yards.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Since I found one about two weeks ago, I use the Springfield Armory SA-35, 9mm. Have accumulated three additional 15 round magazines, (Greg Cote, Inc) total of 4 with the factory magazine included. I use a Triple-K shoulder holster and the handgun is buried under my left arm-pit. One magazine + an additional round in the chamber, total 16 rounds in the handgun. Double magzine holder on my right side, total of 30 rounds plus the 16 rounds in the pistol, grand total of 46 rounds on me, all Hornady personal defense hollow points. The 4th magazine I keep in the car loaded with 15 rounds of 9mm hardball. Grand total of 62 rounds readily available. I carry cocked and locked.
GregT

1 - 20 of 54 Posts