M14 Forum banner

How Many Rounds Of 7.62 Do You Shoot A Month?

• Less Than 50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Around 100

• Around 200

• More Than 300

• The Barrel Never Gets Cold.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many rounds of 7.62 mike mike do you shoot a month? For myself, I try to keep it down to one can of ADI (200 rounds.) I figure at that rate, if and when I ever REALLY need my rifle, the GI chrome lined barrel will be shot out. 8O 8O :lol:

·
Registered
980 Posts
On average, around 264 rounds a month, since I average around 3 matches a month and I do most of my shooting at matches. Somethimes more, sometimes less, but on months that its less, I try and get some range time on my own.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D You can expect a GI Chromelined Barrel to last approxemately 15000 Rounds. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Two 7.62 rifles, so I shoot 4 times per month at 150 to 200 rounds per outing. Minimum 600 rds per month. When the SOCOM was relatively new, I would put more than 300 rds through her every outing (shooting things that were close very fast).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ammo use

Two hundred rounds every weekend, although some of this is through my 4 poodle shooters. I have two 7.62mm rifles, my FAL and my M1a, with a Scout squad coming in the near future. I am fortunate to have a 200 yd rifle range in my back yard, so the weekend shooting trips are a snap. Maybe I should buy another rifle, so I can use more ammo.Food for thought.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Sorry, I exaggerated a bit by saying my barrel never gets cold! I usually shoot between 700 to 800 rounds a month of 7.62 NATO.

I would shoot more, but I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and this currently limits me to two trips to the range a week. Hopefully my health will improve this year and then I can make it three trips to the range each week. It is GREAT to be retired!

I do not worry about shooting out my barrel because I have several M1As and rotate them. Also, I do my own work, so I buy used match barrels for around $85 to $125 and it is easy and cheap to replace them!

·
Registered
187 Posts
How many rounds of 7.62 ?????

I would guess 500 to 600 rounds. About 150 to 200 per range trip. While the M1A cools off a little, the Mini takes over. Just loaded about 500 rounds and trimmed about 700 more. Going to work up some loads and see what I can do on paper.( too busy shooting to pay much attention before) Got about 500 5.56 to trim and get ready to load. Cold nasty weather gives me a chance to get caught up on my reloading. Got to love the vicious circle. Shoot. Reload. Shoot.....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I would say that with my CETME, I would average about 200 rounds a month of 7.62. It's a great-shooting rifle, and accurate and reliable as I could want (even from a Century rifle). I haven't had it that long, but I enjoy the heck out of shooting it.

That being said, I will either have to step up and buy more ammo or I will have to even out the time when I get my M14 built. My dad shoots 7.62 also (FAL), so between the two of us we go through a lot of ammo sometimes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.