M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that there are only 7 registered HRAs but nothing about TRWs, WRAs, and SAs. I also read that there are roughly 100 registered M14s but I have no idea if that is true.

Does anyone know the true numbers?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
There's less than 100 USGI select fire transferrable NFA Registered M14 rifles in the United States. There's about 1200 to 2200 select fire transferrable Smith Enterprise and Springfield Armory NFA Registered M14 type rifles in the United States.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The M-14s that are given to police departments are not transferable weapons and cannot be sold to civilans. The DOE did transfer M14s to the civilain market but I think this was pre 86. Any idea where the figure of 7 H&Rs in the NFA registry came from as I am curious to find out the source????
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
chawkpilot said:
The M-14s that are given to police departments are not transferable weapons and cannot be sold to civilans. The DOE did transfer M14s to the civilain market but I think this was pre 86. Any idea where the figure of 7 H&Rs in the NFA registry came from as I am curious to find out the source????
Thanks,
Brian
The H&R M14 rifles were registered around March, 1986. This group of H&R M14 rifles were never delivered to the U. S. Government in the 1960s. For whatever reason, H&R had held on to them but got them registered right before the May, 1986 ban. I discuss these H&R M14s and the DOE M14s in more detail in the free online book M14 Rifle History and Development at www.imageseek.com/m1a

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I am familiar with the DOE Rifles. The DOE took possession of the rifles pre 1986. They were registered with ATF on good paperwork, which meant they could be transferred to individuals. After 1986 all transfers would be on forms which would not allow future transfers to individuals.

The rifles were released circa 1996/97 and the dealer who got them transferred them to indivuals and class three's on Form 4's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Different,
Thanks for the info on the H&Rs. I own one of the 86 factory guns, a 1960 model. It is all correct/original as it left H&R. If you would like detailed pics or any info please let me know and I will provide.
Thanks,
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.