M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious on the total number of parts are in the standard usgi m-14
I am talking about every little pin, spring, cog, shim, spacer, or whatever else.

If you have the info, I would also like to know a few other parts counts for these too...

M14 NM Example: the rifle that the Marines or USAMU would shoot in completion.

SAI M1A, and I suspect that most civi m14 clones will have the same number of parts as well.

M14A1, the issued pistol grip with E4 stock

XM21 and M21, these are sniper systems so the part count should include the mount, rings, optic (counted as 1 part) but if you have the number of parts in one of the optics used then please feel free to share that info too.

EBR, DMR, and other Sage chassis variants are welcome too.

I think you get the idea, Ex: instead of the elevation knob/assembly being counted as one part, it will count as multiple parts: Drum, pinion gear, screw, tension spring, clip, etc.

Again, I am just in to details and I am curious about the parts counts. If this has been posted somewhere before I can not find it. I would be surprised if it was broken down as far as I am asking here. Thanks fellas.
Hytekrednek

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
You're looking for:
TM 9-1005-223-20 (1972 Version)
TM 9-1005-223-34&P (1972 version)
Are the current use ones, and cover the M14 and M14A1(E2)

TM 9-1005-223-12&P (1968 version) with Change 1
Are the current ones that cover the M14NM and M14M

Don't know off the top of my head what the TM is for the M21, and there is also a Supplement out there for the EBR as well.

The &P means AND PARTS (Imagine that...the DOD makes sense every once and awhile) and will contain a complete list of replacement parts at their respective levels.

They should be posted here on the forum somewhere, if not you can probably find them on google, or maybe Bill Ricca or Different.

I know I have them on digits somewhere, but no idea where that somewhere is.

Reactions: hytekrednek

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I am just curious on the total number of parts are in the standard usgi m-14
I am talking about every little pin, spring, cog, shim, spacer, or whatever else.

If you have the info, I would also like to know a few other parts counts for these too...

M14 NM Example: the rifle that the Marines or USAMU would shoot in completion.

SAI M1A, and I suspect that most civi m14 clones will have the same number of parts as well.

M14A1, the issued pistol grip with E4 stock

XM21 and M21, these are sniper systems so the part count should include the mount, rings, optic (counted as 1 part) but if you have the number of parts in one of the optics used then please feel free to share that info too.

EBR, DMR, and other Sage chassis variants are welcome too.

I think you get the idea, Ex: instead of the elevation knob/assembly being counted as one part, it will count as multiple parts: Drum, pinion gear, screw, tension spring, clip, etc.

Again, I am just in to details and I am curious about the parts counts. If this has been posted somewhere before I can not find it. I would be surprised if it was broken down as far as I am asking here. Thanks fellas.
Hytekrednek
I have this information for the M14, M14 NM, and M21 in a spreadsheet. Even at that, it would take some time to add up the individual component parts because you have to not count the assemblies, e.g., connector assembly, stock assembly, etc. This information could be derived for the M14 DMR and Sage variants using the various military technical manuals or M14 Rifle History and Development but it would be time consuming.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
How many parts are in a M14?

As far as I know, they should all be "in" there for the rifle to function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts