M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my rear sight apart on my m1a because the windage knob was to hard to turn i bought a usgi windage knob to replace the sai windage knob. i took the rear sight cover and rear sight base off to see if it was binding or if there were any burrs in the receiver that i couldn't see.
now i realize it may be a huge pain in the rear to put back whats the easiest way to put the rear sight cover back on?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
i took my rear sight apart on my m1a because the windage knob was to hard to turn i bought a usgi windage knob to replace the sai windage knob. i took the rear sight cover and rear sight base off to see if it was binding or if there were any burrs in the receiver that i couldn't see.
now i realize it may be a huge pain in the rear to put back whats the easiest way to put the rear sight cover back on?
I saw a Tony Ben YouTube video on assembly of the rear sight. He made it look quite easy....put the rear, of the cover, in it's groove then just pushed down on the front. Being spring steel, the front just snapped in. Good luck.

·
"Death From Above"
11,907 Posts
The screw in the center of the windage knob may have been to tight. One turn out it might have been ok. The tension on the knobs is set up buy the compression of the spring inside the pinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.