M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best, safest procedure to remove a rifle from a bedded walnut stock?

My SCOUT was bedded into a Walnut stock by SA, Inc. - It is super tight.
I would like to preserve the stock.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Just in case I can't find a good deal on the parts needed, this is my back-up plan to finish my EBR project.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Remove the trigger group then take a wooden dowel and use it to tap the receiver out of the stock. Place the dowel on the underside of the receiver, not the firing pin bridge.

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave P said:
or just leave it be. Whydo you want to remove it?

Dave
I really want just one rifle. So, the plan is to remove everything
from the walnut stock and install it in my SAGE EBR stock.

The SAGE offers instant bedding and a floated barrel plus much more ...

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hidden treasure

Quagmire said:
Remove the trigger group then take a wooden dowel and use it to tap the receiver out of the stock.
Place the dowel on the underside of the receiver, not the firing pin bridge.
Quagmire, I cut a 6" length of 1/2" cpvc and followed your instructions.
Worked like a charm. The action popped right out. Thank you :D

Now to the hidden treasure I found.
March of this year I returned my SCOUT to SA, Inc. for my third RMA.
I had had a few bolt related problems and then the op rod started jumping out of it's track when fired.
During this warranty repair I requested they install the NIW TRW bolt I supplied and swap out the MB for a FS.
They did the extra work and swapped out the op rod.
You may see the direction i'm going here - yes, SA, Inc. installed a brand new TRW op rod! 8)

Thank you SA, Inc.

My TRW SCOUT SAGE EBR will debut soon :mrgreen:

HI-RES IMAGE

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paladin said:
How much would it cost to replace "the imported parts" with US made ones on that truck?! I heard on the internet that only genuine American parts are the best... :D

Paladin
:mrgreen: The radiator is GM, the transmission is made in Japan, the leaf springs are made in Mexico and these small Tundra's are currently made in Indiana.
The big ones will be made in Texas. No TRW parts but, plenty of TRD parts 8) It's a great truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.