M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think fairly common, 8O when I sent my trigger group out of my Scout to Warbird the trigger pin was broke,and Tim said it was fairly common in SA trigger groups (Commercial Ones Anyways) not sure about real GI ones. I guess thats why you should have a half dozen or so trigger pins in your stash,heck there only a $1 buck or so for GI ones. Buy a few to have for spares. :)

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I had this happen three times with a USGI trigger group that had very tight fitting trigger and hammer spring/plunger/housing parts. When I replaced the trigger and hammer spring housing, it stopped occuring.

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

UPDATE:

I called SAI 02/16/05 and explained the problem. They issued me an RMA# and I sent my TG in for repair the same day.
I emailed SAI yesterday to find out when they were going to ship my TG back to me.

Vickie @ SAI called this afternoon and said it was shipped to my old address a month ago!
I asked her if I could call her back in a few minutes and she said hurry because she was off in 30 minutes.
I jumped in my truck and drove over to my old place and sure enough they had my package.
I grabbed it - said thank you - sped home and opened the box.

Inside I found a like new USGI TRW Trigger Group 8) :D

Thank you Vickie and SAI.

I did end up buying 2 TRW TG's from USARMORY as spares.
Both are with WarBird getting the NM treatment.

·
Registered
558 Posts
XDIVER1 said:
Could someone please explain the NM treatment?
I have a SA M1A loaded is it part of that of that
package?
Jim
yeah the loaded rifles have a 4.5 lbs NM trigger if i remember correctly. basically the NM treatment(i assume) is a trigger job to lighten the pull aswell as take out any slop or creep that may be present. stuff like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.