M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious for some updated info on these barrels now that they have been out long enough and in the numbers to get a good idea of accuracy potential, endurance, etc.

If you have one...
What kind of groups are you seeing from the WMMW chrome-lined 22'' barrels?

And...
Has anyone shot one enough to get a good idea of their usable life? "How many rounds to shoot one out"

The main reason I ask about accuracy is because the chrome-lined models have a NATO chamber and not a match chamber, unless I am mistaking. I know it makes a difference, but how much exactly is what I am unsure of. I have a fluted WMMW CL 1:11'' but I have not got to shoot it enough to see its potential first hand and am just curious what you fellas have seen from yours.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have a 22" version.
It loves 155gr hpbt (Sierra) Not the palma version.
Best group off the bench is about 13/16".
Usually hovers around 1 inch.
Only about 1000 rounds through it so no idea on life span.

Currently working on getting an 18" fluted version to shoot well.

Good luck
pg
USA2

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It came on a barreled action I purchased in like new condition. There are still benefits to the heavier profile even in a chrome lined barrel, just not as much as a match grade barrel. I am thinking these are in between match grade and standard/G.I. as far as accuracy. They do not have to be made by SAK or Kreiger to benefit from a heavier, more rigid construction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts