M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently using the NM front sight with the standard rear aperture on my E2 rifle with a 22 inch barrel. And I was looking into swapping out my NM sight for a hooded style sight. The SEI GLFS-H replaces the standard gas lock, so obviously the sight is moved closer to the aperture. Then theres the Alley Supply Globe front sight thats hooded as well but stays put on the muzzle brake/flash suppressor dovetail. Is there any significant benefit on the position of the front sight? Or are they even worth the price? I also note that I do use corrective lenses and sometimes I have to re adjust my eyesight while peeping through the aperture because the front sight gets blurred out.

·
Premium Member
18,836 Posts
My suggestion is to keep the front sight as far forward as possible. I have the glfs on a couple of my scoped rifles with shorter barrels, but only for backup purposes.
There are inserts available for the NM hooded rear sights that will help with keeping the front sight in focus.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have the Alley Supply globe front sight on my M1A and M1 Garand. I cannot shoot well with a standard MN post front sight because it blurs. The globe sight was just the ticket to fix the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.