M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the second version of the pistol grip stock. The first used a recoil absorbing Knoxx 870 shotgun stock. That stock incorporated 2 springs. I realized that the one in the pistol grip was going to bounce the trigger against my finger, creating a bump fire situation. This is the other Knoxx 870 stock without the recoil feature. The rifle feels very comfortable, the cheekweld is excellent with and without the glass. I modified the collapsing lever slightly so the cheekpiece could also be snapped under the stock for carry.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Looks like a nice set up. Bet that recoil reducing one woulda been a hoot. Probably get a visit from your friendly atf agent though...

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno, is it illegal to have a STOCK modified for automatic fire?GI2

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
akins accelerator

WOW...I was unaware of that situation. I just went and disassembled the stock. I don't even remember how I made it in the first place. Thanks for pointing that out. Sort of like walking into a minefield. GI3dance2

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
You are not the first person to put a recoil reducing stock on an m14 type rifle man. I understand the logic behind it as well. If you adjust your trigger finger you should be alright. I usually see them done with the enidyne type buffer tube. I may be wrong and I'm not a lawyer, just don't want a fellow shooter to step in a pile of horse crap by accident. The Akins set up was sweet though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts