M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The machine gun belts "Animal Mother" has criss crossed on him are .30-06 not 7.62 the casings are too long.

I'm sure that extra 13mm of casing crumples nicely into the shorter chamber!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
You know actually I think you are right but its very hard to tell.

Good Shooting.

TXS

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
His name is Alec Baldwin no relation to the others and yes he is Jane on Firefly

·
Registered
566 Posts
He was also on Chuck. I wouldn't call his character in The Patriot a traitor. There were a lot of people, especially in the south, that disagreed with the revolution. Even Mel Gibson's character was against the war until British forces killed his son and burned his house.

Marty

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats what i'm sayin' nopt only is it .30-06, the belts are 100% M2 Armor Piercing ball to boot. Note the black tips.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At least i can respect Stephen Baldwin and Adam Baldwin, they aren't the unltra political public spectical asshat their brother Alec is. They just act and stay out of the public eye for the most part and don't get invovled in political commentary.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
they coulda had a 1919a4 with them or a6
The 1919 uses different links than the M60, if I recall correctly.

I figure they might have done it for set safety, without seeing the primers, I would figure those are live rounds, and they probably didn't want the chance someone could run a belt of live ammo through the M60 on the set..

Between that, and I'm betting that most people never noticed it. I know I would never have thought about it until it was mentioned here. The do look better than a set of criss-crossed 7.62 blanks.. That's one thing I remember about The Matrix - when Keanu Reeves is on the minigun, and the bottom up shot of the brass falling away from the Huey, they were all blanks - they have a distinct profile..

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
That's one thing I remember about The Matrix - when Keanu Reeves is on the minigun, and the bottom up shot of the brass falling away from the Huey, they were all blanks - they have a distinct profile..
Did you notice that his Scorpions shoot 5.56? RNGR2

Reactions: Hamstrosity

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
There are all kinds of mistakes like this in the movie. PVT Joker has a maglite flash light before the company was ever in business and there is another sceen that one of the Marines is carring a Redrider BB gun.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The M1919 links sit on the shoulder of the round. The way the action works, the next-to-be-fired round is pulled rearward out of the link on the back-stroke of the bolt.

To think of it another way, in the early years the M1919s used cloth belts which also covered the shoulder, and did not destroy the stitching during firing.

That image looks like a belt of .30-'06 with M60 links.

And no, I didn't notice that the first dozen or so times I've seen the movie. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.