Hgunner,
What pistols do you own? Mfr. wise?
I'm curious.

Thanks,
Deuces

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Considering who they are competing against - glock, m&p, xdm, beretta storm ect. - it still is a bit overpriced for the average shooter to afford. $600 and under it would be a hot seller.

H&K - Germany's SEI! You are all untermensch!

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
I will say there is only one plastic pistol in the house, the wifes M&P Shield 9mm.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Hgunner,
I would put money on you owning a bunch of 1911's
Just a hunch.

Could you give me your opinion on what companies are good mfr. of pistols.
Give me your top 5.
Reason I ask...i'm looking in to getting a new Pistol in 45 acp.
Figured i'd ask a Lifer.
Already have our beloved M1A.

Thanks,
Deuces

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Questions on your run of the mill everyday tupperware, you'd really be better off getting others opinions. My taste run more to Baer, Brown, GI, Wilson.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the street price is 600. preorders seem to be around 600-650

hgunner discussion is about the HK you can start a thread about pistols you like.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
the street price is 600. preorders seem to be around 600-650

hgunner discussion is about the HK you can start a thread about pistols you like.
I was asked a question, I gave an answer and I'm still not impressed with the cheap HKs or the expensive ones.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Hgunner,
I don't know how you arrived at me asking you about plastic guns. I contexualized your opinion on them by your posts on this thread.
I did ask about pistols and then, at least I thought, inquired about 45acp pistols.
Anywho,
I appreciate the 1911 suggestions. I will look in to them.

Sorry to all regarding being off topic.
Deuces

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Hgunner,
I don't know how you arrived at me asking you about plastic guns. I contexualized your opinion on them by your posts on this thread.
I did ask about pistols and then, at least I thought, inquired about 45acp pistols.
Anywho,
I appreciate the 1911 suggestions. I will look in to them.

Sorry to all regarding being off topic.
Deuces
If you want to talk 1911's PM me, Dred thinks we're crapping on cheap HK thread.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think someone interested in a quality pistol and not into Glocks should take a hard look at this pistol. The price should make it competitive. My experience with HK is two P7's and one each 91 & 94.

·
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hgunner!
i get it..

.... a thread about a cheap hk craps on itself....

congratulations!
that was kinda funny
hgunner does know his 1911s he kept me from getting ripped by some johnny -come -latley in the px.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Honestly thought, when I first saw it, my first impression was, HK makes an M&P.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
People have been saying(and not just the posted video) that this VP9 will rival the PPQ trigger. Ergo's too.
Time will tell. It looks decent though.
I wonder if the mag release will creep in to the trigger guard. Held a p30 the other day. My trigger finger rubbed the release. Hmmmm.

Deuces

·
Registered
867 Posts
The new Sig P320 may have just hip-cheecked the P30LS I was about to buy. Now I'm stuck wondering which I should get. I've had two HKs and loved ...well I respected the heck out the USP40. It worked for me and I think of it fondly (until I hold something more modern.) The P30LS was probably going to be my next HK until Sig showed up with the 320. Me likey... I have to pay off the gunsmith first, then I'm getting another pistol. I can't decide... and now the VP9... I'll have to wait to see one at the LGS.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the opportunity to test this model out when it was a prototype--H&K staff in Sterling definitely value feedback from LE and civilian shooters alike. I completely agree on the post making comparison to M&P in how it shoots.
In short, I loved shooting the prototype and told them I'd be first in line if they came out with .45 in that exact package. (Don't blow me up on the USPs, etc. This is the package I'd like for fit, finish, accuracy and comfort). I'm not crazy about the price point at which they arrived, but also know that they're not a large company as you'd think and their engineers are amazing. Just as I love and am benefitting from the modern horsepower wars (love my Shelby!), I feel that we are benefitting from the upswing in firearms competition in the industry. Good times and glad this thread was started. Did I mention that the prototype shot amazingly well?!

·
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
was there an mag in the p30 when you noticed it rubbed?

when you insert a mag the release lowers and it wont rub.

·
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The new Sig P320 may have just hip-cheecked the P30LS I was about to buy. Now I'm stuck wondering which I should get. I've had two HKs and loved ...well I respected the heck out the USP40. It worked for me and I think of it fondly (until I hold something more modern.) The P30LS was probably going to be my next HK until Sig showed up with the 320. Me likey... I have to pay off the gunsmith first, then I'm getting another pistol. I can't decide... and now the VP9... I'll have to wait to see one at the LGS.
i have yet to fire the enhanced LEM trigger, but if your buying a longslide for competition be aware that the p30 da/sa trigger is by and large inferior to the fnx or cz pistols.

i think its a perfect defensive or combat handgun, but a short crisp trigger it does not have.

they say the LEM is great though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts