M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally here. After 8 1/2 months and about $1800 later, my Knight's Armament suppressor is finally here. I'm actually surprised that accuracy isn't reduced when using the suppressor. Even at 25 yards, it's extremely accurate.

If anyone is interested in getting a firearm or device that requires the $200 tax stamp from the BATFE, be prepared for a long wait. Here is the timeline.

May 19, 2010 - I placed the order from a retailer to order the Knight's suppressor.
August 20, 2010 - Suppressor arrives and I can start filling out paperwork to send to BATFE.
August 30, 2010 - Send paperwork to BATFE.
January 28, 2011 - BATFE agent approves paperwork.
February 2, 2011 - Paperwork arrives at my retailer so I can take possession of suppressor.

There are a few other items I'd like to get and I'm told that if I put multiple items on the same form, it'll be a faster turn around. I don't know if it's actually true or not but it's worth a try. I'd love to have a little Ruger 10/22 with the suppressor built into the barrel. P_G

Here's a picture of my new toy!

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Very cool. GI5 That's a nice chunk of change, though.GI3

·
Registered
165 Posts
Way 2 cool! How much difference in felt recoil?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Outstanding, I want one too!GI6

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like recoil is a little less but it might be because of the extra weight on the front end. That extra weight helps to get back on target a lot faster, too. I plan on making a short video in the next few weeks so you can hear the difference.

I know there are other suppressors out there that are a lot cheaper but I wanted the one that was made for the MK-23. Next will be the LAM (Laser Aiming Module) which is another $1500. Once I have that, this little project will have cost about $6000. Yeah that's a lot of money but it sure is fun!

·
Registered
490 Posts
You lucky dog!!!!!!!!!!GI2 I remember looking at that pistol many moons ago but a stupid mortgage payment got in the way, and still does!GI4

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts