M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This forum originally started out as www.battlerifles.com in November 2000 (so the banner displayed is incorrect IMO) by a guy named Scott.

and this format shortly after....

In 2004 the forum was sold and folded into a place called Your American Backyard Forum (www.ambackforum.com) which was an attempt at bringing traffic to a storefront. Same outfit swallowed up thegunzone.com.

I don’t remember what happened to that place but we became M14 Firing Line (M14TFL.com) in 2008 and I think that’s when Lash became the owner when the big schism happened and the other M14br forum split off and started up.

I think we moved over here in 2010 to M14forum.com.

·
Administrator
17,190 Posts
Lash bought the M14 FL Forum in 2011 from HAWK and sold it ~ a 14 months later.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back in those days THE forum for M1 Garand and Carbine was Culver’s Shooting Page (www.jouster.com) run by Maj Dick Culver out of Idaho. That place was great, but got mired for a long time in controversies about “stock humpers” (putting repro stamps on wood).

There also used to be a pretty good M14 forum on talk.shooters.net but a major M14 builder and parts vendor spammed the heck out of every post trying to sell his books, and everyone got sick of it. Same guy created a battlerifles account but got banned in short order.

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Before all that there was gunandknife.com. They didn't survive because they allowed threads that developed into disrespectful flaming. Tony Diez changed all that when he started the M14 forum. After selling it, he started the m14br.com and m14ra.org. These are well run and easy formats. I understand this forum is now based in Canada. We will see how the new format works out. At least they changed the banner even if it's not affective design.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
1st forum I joined was Battlerifles on the green board and made the jump to AM. Backyard before we became TFL. Crap ! I've hung around for 20+ years ! I was married the 1st time for less and just realized I was a young buck of 46 when I came into the fold.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
thank you, i joined when is was the m14 forum.
nice to hear it's history.
Lruss

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thank You for the History lesson !

I remember all those forums, however, I was unaware of the connections.

Best thing about all of the History ?
The M14forum.com is still one of the friendliest , informative , and helpful forums around !!

Thank You to all involved in that !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts