M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a video series from History Channel... Vietnam in HD... and it's full of M-14 action, at least the first 2 episodes are (which cover '64-'67.)

Sorry if this is a repost... I searched for it but nothing came up.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I watched the first 2 episodes the other day and have the other 2 DVRed. Being a younger guy (33), I didnt live through this time and none of my relatives were vets...none were drafted or volunteered. Kinda weird. Since this war wasnt "glamorous" we really didnt cover it in history class in high school or college. I really didnt have a grasp on the amount of time men spent in battle conditions. Soldiers in WWII averaged 10 days of battle in a year, Nam Marines and soldiers averaged 240 days a year. HOLY CRAP.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I watched the first 2 episodes the other day and have the other 2 DVRed. Being a younger guy (33), I didnt live through this time and none of my relatives were vets...none were drafted or volunteered. Kinda weird. Since this war wasnt "glamorous" we really didnt cover it in history class in high school or college. I really didnt have a grasp on the amount of time men spent in battle conditions. Soldiers in WWII averaged 10 days of battle in a year, Nam Marines and soldiers averaged 240 days a year. HOLY CRAP.
The averages are skewed. The size of the military was much larger in WWII and as such it's difficult to make a comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.