M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Except gas has been relatively quite low.

What it cost me to fill up a tank yesterday was about the same it cost me in 2004.
Not to derail the thread but I’ve been keeping track of local gas prices since November 2. Premium is up $0.37 per gallon in my AO. Betting it’ll be up over a dollar 12 months from next Wednesday.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on both the 7.62 and the 303 which is double hard all by itself. The last case of 303 I bought last year I happened on by shear luck.

I will give this outfit a try and hopefully I have another contact for surplus that has nothing to do with an auction house.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Well if you buy with a credit card, supposedly you have some protection if they don't deliver...

Where I live, after sales tax and shipping ($160) that works out to $0.90/round. Then on top of that there will be state background check and transfer fees. That might be the new normal for awhile, I don't know. I put it in the cart, but that shipping kind of made me pause. Hmmm... as pointed out, it's relative. I don't think we'll ever see prices like they were, because of inflation, but this isn't inflation, but the real question is, how much will it come down, if it does come down, and is the difference in that worth waiting to see if the price does come down, and availability is there... I guess in some ways, it's a gamble either way, and we're playing ammo hedge fund.

I think I'm going to sit on this round, but I do appreciate the heads up. If I miss out, I can still get by for a good while, and if it really comes to simply not being able to get ammo at all, at that point it's just a matter of time before the sink ships anyway, regardless of my stockpile. I promise not to let myself get near empty for that day, even if it means I have to pay three times as much to keep up with it.

I sure am glad I piled up earlier. I can pat myself on the back about all the money I saved, maybe buy me some nice shoes with the difference.

I think I have my hands full trying to cajole my father in law to walk me through reloading. At least now he's got something in .308, so maybe that's some extra motivation. If that doesn't happen anytime soon, I've got to do something with the pills for thrills I've acquired, so maybe I'll search out a nice simple reloading setup for rainy afternoons with hot cocoa.

I got all excited a couple days ago when I found a website with rifle and pistol primers. But, during checkout, it asked me the province of the shipping address.....

As they said in South Park. "Blame Canada!" :p

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Not accepting the order, saying card declined for all cards when I enter it. I'm pretty sure they are tapped out.
Are you serious can you please screen shot with out compromising your private information because some of us were scared it was fraud. My money was on a safe order or I would not have ordered a 800 round case

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So there talking about this ammo on reddit threads and one guy said his shipped same day he ordered it.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yep confirmed with secret password.

The sooner I get the 7.62 I will get a K 303. My Nephew loves his 303(T) and my Auzzie's get jealous when other steel leaves the rectangular box.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yep confirmed with secret password.

The sooner I get the 7.62 I will get a K 303. My Nephew loves his 303(T) and my Auzzie's get jealous when other steel leaves the rectangular box.
Thats a good sign then. Please let me know when it shows shipped.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered a can this morning. Im about 100 miles from them so maybe have it saturday.wish I wouldve know about this before I bought the can from aim
I wouldve been in a liitle cheaper for 2 cans from max.oh well it is what it is.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 81 Posts