M14 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
All gun laws are unconstitutional
6,688 Posts
Your bottom shelf alone out does my whole stash!
Envy is a sin, isn't it?
Thats all hirtenberger on the bottom shelf. SG ammo had it for 375$ per 500 round can last year. Well when covid started that all went away. I posted it on here buy it cheap stack it deep.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
It essentially goes back to the entire "Milspec" advertising you use to see on ARs alot. Milspec to a civi is holy grail but those of us that actually served knew that was the minimum specifications the military would accept and we know the military had a low bar regardless lol.

Now I do believe when USGI parts were initially made they were most likely fitted better at that time. More time put into the part than today's commercialized assembly lines. That's the idea anyways. Not saying that's true but that's the thought process behind it.

Now I can see why collectors are about getting the USGI parts but for accuracy I will stick with NM.
View attachment 447188

I got a few cans off it sat back for long term.
That brings me to a happy place. We should hang out at your place. I can draw you pictures of reindeer if you like.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got my ammo from Max Arms. They had a slight issue in shipping and mine was consolidated with an order that was being held. As soon as the issue came to light: they corrected it and followed up with me directly. All good.

Now they are running an Easter special until 1 AM Monday: $299 for 400 rounds

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Did you get your ammo?

I placed my order on 3/6 and the check cleared my bank promptly. I then waited and got notification that it had shipped by FedEx on 3/18. They provided tracking info and when I entered the number on the FedEx site it showed an estimated delivery of Sat 3/20 but also noted that they were still waiting on package. Now nearly 2 weeks after it was supposedly shipped; it still shows as FedEx is awaiting package. I emailed Max Arms last week and messaged them through their website today and I am still waiting for a response. As a manufacturer; I understand delays but I don't understand providing tracking info for a package that has not been sent and the failure to communicate.:(

I hope that others have received what they ordered and that I am able to get a response soon. I will try calling tomorrow to see if I can get a response that way.
YES I did and intended to take some photos and to a post this last weekend but did not get that done. I am currently in the hospital as of last night and will have to wait until I am released to do that. I am very happy with the ammo I received.
So I got out of the hospital Thursday and took some photos today. Here is the story and photos I intended to post last weekend. The ammo was origianlly supposed to be delivered by FedEx on Monday the 15th which was great because I was working at home that day, however no delivery. Instead they attempted delivery on Tuesday the 16th while I was at work and since no one was home to sign for it they did not deliver. I was scheduled to be out of state Wednesday the 17th through Saturday the 20th so I went online and had it diverted to a local FedEx store for pickup. That store got it on the 17th and my brother went by and picked it up for me. I got home late on the 20th so I opened the cardboard box on Sunday the 21st and the top of the metal can was covered with dust and dirt which I wiped off before opening the can. I was tired from my 5 day trip so I did not take any photos and decided to do that they following weekend and post back here. Well last weekend I got busy doing other things and took no photos THEN Monday/Tuesday I got real dizzy. My brother who lives with me took me to the ER and after being there for about 6 hours with lots of test the last one being an MRI they determined it was a TRI (mini-stroke) and admitted me to the hospital about 9pm on Tuesday night. Wednesday they ran all kinds of test and I saw all kinds of folks who checked me out and I got better as the day progressed. Thursday the Doctor summarized by tests and after seeing OT and PT again for a second time they released me to go home and my brother picked me up at 4pm and took me home. I am taking it slow and avoiding any sudden head movement and have a new scrip to add to my blood pressure med I was already taking.

OK so enough of that, here are photos of the ammo. First is the ammo can and the cardbaord box it came in. As you can see the label on the side of the can has been removed.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
So I got out of the hospital Thursday and took some photos today. Here is the story and photos I intended to post last weekend. The ammo was origianlly supposed to be delivered by FedEx on Monday the 15th which was great because I was working at home that day, however no delivery. Instead they attempted delivery on Tuesday the 16th while I was at work and since no one was home to sign for it they did not deliver. I was scheduled to be out of state Wednesday the 17th through Saturday the 20th so I went online and had it diverted to a local FedEx store for pickup. That store got it on the 17th and my brother went by and picked it up for me. I got home late on the 20th so I opened the cardboard box on Sunday the 21st and the top of the metal can was covered with dust and dirt which I wiped off before opening the can. I was tired from my 5 day trip so I did not take any photos and decided to do that they following weekend and post back here. Well last weekend I got busy doing other things and took no photos THEN Monday/Tuesday I got real dizzy. My brother who lives with me took me to the ER and after being there for about 6 hours with lots of test the last one being an MRI they determined it was a TRI (mini-stroke) and admitted me to the hospital about 9pm on Tuesday night. Wednesday they ran all kinds of test and I saw all kinds of folks who checked me out and I got better as the day progressed. Thursday the Doctor summarized by tests and after seeing OT and PT again for a second time they released me to go home and my brother picked me up at 4pm and took me home. I am taking it slow and avoiding any sudden head movement and have a new scrip to add to my blood pressure med I was already taking.

OK so enough of that, here are photos of the ammo. First is the ammo can and the cardbaord box it came in. As you can see the label on the side of the can has been removed.

View attachment 447395 View attachment 447396 View attachment 447397 View attachment 447398

View attachment 447399 View attachment 447400 View attachment 447401 View attachment 447402
Look good

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

View attachment 447395 View attachment 447396 View attachment 447397 View attachment 447398

View attachment 447399 View attachment 447400 View attachment 447401 View attachment 447402
Here are the rest of the photos inside the can and of the ammo.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Any one here have a direct number and extension to a live person at Max Arms? All I get is a robot answering girl.
FedEx says they delivered my ammo, said "Covid" signed for it.
We were here all day waiting to sign, they never came to this house.
USAA said they can dispute payment and get my money back.
I'd like to give Max Arms a chance to make this good before I turn it over to USAA, but I can't wait too long.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Any one here have a direct number and extension to a live person at Max Arms? All I get is a robot answering girl.
FedEx says they delivered my ammo, said "Covid" signed for it.
We were here all day waiting to sign, they never came to this house.
USAA said they can dispute payment and get my money back.
I'd like to give Max Arms a chance to make this good before I turn it over to USAA, but I can't wait too long.

thanks!
I suggest you work with FedEx since they are the ones who claim it was delivered.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Max arms is turning intona crap show they refuse to answer the phone or help customers with there orders hell they didnt even send me a tracking number i wont be ordering from them again.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
To make things worse . . . I ordered the missing can March 23.
Then last week ( before the No delivery) I ordered another, fearing they might get sold out.
How long would you guys wait for Max Arms to respond in live person before turning it over to my bank?
I suggest you work with FedEx since they are the ones who claim it was delivered.
I did that, filed a claim, they gave me case number and said they'd be in touch within 24 hours. That did not happen.
I called them again this morning, could hardly understand the girl.
We know the regular FedEx driver, a father and son team, they like our dog.
But since we're all motor mouths I always forgot to get their names and cell numbers. We have UPS guys info, and mail lady too.
All I wanted from the under understandable girl was the guys name, he lives nearby.
I suspect it was a substitute driver.
To make this short . . . they told me to resolve this through the vendor!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I've been buying from SG Ammo since forever.
This is the only time I've ever veered off from them.
I cannot count the times Sam "made it right."
So I tried Max Arms this time to save myself a little money . . . . when Sam was only a pittance more.
400 Round Case - 7.62x51 NATO Magtech 147 Grain M80 Ball New Ammo - 762A$439.60
What a mistake . . . now it's all gone! Shame on me.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Worst case scenario just call your cc and have charge removed since they didnt follow through with the order not your fault. They want to slam out orders and worry about delivery later.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
They have not been doing credit cards and are only doing E checks through your bank.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts