M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Great video !! I have wanted a BAR since watching Combat !! as a kid..Each year they get a little more out of reach though...I just dont think I would be satisfied with a semi auto.....Oh well...nice to dream..

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Great video by hickock.

I really want that rifle.... but just looked it up, and i dont have over 4k to spend.
Back in the early 90's I was offered a registered WWII BAR for $3k and turned it down. I'm still kicking myself.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Back in the early 90's I was offered a registered WWII BAR for $3k and turned it down. I'm still kicking myself.
Balancing the reality of what you want vs. what you need sucks. Been there too.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Thanks for posting the vid!

One of my favorite firearms. I'm hoping to pick one up if I manage to get
to Free America.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Not to complain but

If he taught like he posts, I feel very sorry for his students. Three minutes of fun surrounded by twenty minutes of bull sh1t. I think he was a preacher in a former life.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hickock is the man. I too want his range. Awesome.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
If he taught like he posts, I feel very sorry for his students. Three minutes of fun surrounded by twenty minutes of bull sh1t. I think he was a preacher in a former life.
Yeah I find him a little long winded also, he could cut his video lenghts in half, but I think he just likes to here himself talk.

Reactions: davecampperry

·
Registered
630 Posts
I always enjoy when he breaks out the old school guns. Some of you guys may be interested in this video Forgotten Weapons put out a few weeks ago. They use an FG-42 and a BAR in a 2 gun match and the results really surprised me. Great video from a great channel.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw3eKWvDGqQ[/youtube]

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I always enjoy when he breaks out the old school guns. Some of you guys may be interested in this video Forgotten Weapons put out a few weeks ago. They use an FG-42 and a BAR in a 2 gun match and the results really surprised me. Great video from a great channel.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw3eKWvDGqQ[/youtube]

Rather than going by what those two clowns say, I would use what the troops in WWII actually said about the BAR.

Check out "US Infantry Weapons in Combat" basically, 100% of the men interviewed in that book who carried the BAR loved it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.