M14 Forum banner

Hickok45 shoots the SOCOM M1A

3248 11
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ybkiUl30Q&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

Enjoy!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
3,774 Posts
I enjoyed every minute of this video! I noticed on the slow motion, rapid fire into the black drum (at the end), the rear sights were wobbling around like crazy. Is that normal/part of the design? I have never heard of anyone mentioning that.

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I would swear they were shifting around a lot.

· Registered
2,302 Posts
Maybe I'm getting old, but...

...this guy wastes so much time, it's like attending a (ruffles and flourishes) NRAsafety briefing. Or maybe a 'Gorilla fights Coyote' contest, you know, a lot of noise and beating on the chest, but not much action.

· Registered
581 Posts
I liked the video too, seems to me he shot a fair amount of rounds (for a
video). His range looks like fun, and he obviously liked the rifle.
I really like mine. I've got the exact same model, and like it for all the same
reasons he mentioned. It's quick handling, fun to shoot, fires off a nice
round (7.62) and can reach out there...

· Registered
1,218 Posts
I enjoyed every minute of this video! I noticed on the slow motion, rapid fire into the black drum (at the end), the rear sights were wobbling around like crazy. Is that normal/part of the design? I have never heard of anyone mentioning that.

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I would swear they were shifting around a lot.
I think it's just the rifle moving around. Looks like there's a heavy coat of oil all over the gun and the shine from it makes it look like it's moving a lot more than it is.

· Registered
3,269 Posts
I think it's just the rifle moving around. Looks like there's a heavy coat of oil all over the gun and the shine from it makes it look like it's moving a lot more than it is.
When they showed a closeup of the muzzle brake, the entire gas lock looked like it was coated with oil or something... almost shiny.

I thought he meandered a bit through the video, too, but it's his video, so he gets to do what he wants. He did crank off some rounds and I'm quite envious of his little range he has!

· Registered
6,648 Posts
If you watch his other vids, you'll note that he has the air of a teacher (which he is/was). Very informative, and probably the best of the "gun guys" on youtube, IMO. You can scroll through the talking/info if you like, which I do sometimes if I already know a lot about the weapon he's shooting. He approaches his videos as informational/educational/entertaining to those who may not know as much as some of us do. He's also careful to qualify his statements as his opinion, and doesn't pretend to know something if he doesn't, which I find refreshing.

He also does "Chapter 2" videos which are mostly shooting with little talking. So if you want those you can search his vids.

There is a LOT of crap on youtube but Hickok45 is not a part of it, IMO. I think he's a genuinely good guy. I envy his subscriber list. ;)

Reactions: RAMMAC

· Registered
2,064 Posts
I have seen a lot of his videos. They are somewhat geared toward a novice shooter, but they do always contain good info, and it looks like He is always having fun, and he does not take himself "too seriously".
He also shoots pretty darn good, IMHO...

The "shiny" lube on that SOCOM is Ballistol.
It is a German product invented in 1905, adopted by the German Military in
1906, and is still widely used in Europe today.
It is the first "miracle juice" as you can use it as a lube, cleaner, anti rust protector, on leather, wood, plastic, etc.

It just might be the best gun lube in very wet conditions, like jungle, heavy rain, heavy snow, and swimming stuff in, as it algamates with water, and continues to "work".
I use it quite a bit. It is pretty good stuff. Do a google search and check it out. It is even used for some medical purposes in Europe.

I use it for minor cuts, abrasions, and insect bites.

Check it out.DI5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.