M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been a member since September yet forgot all my info and had to reset. Also no internet connection for a while so hello GI1all
I just received my build yesterday, it seems VERY NICE as it is going to be for my father who was in 'Nam.

I started with a TRW complete kit from treelinem14.com upgraded the complete FCG/safety to TRW so marked TRW is complete FCG/safety, op rod and FH. Had LRB install their regular M14 SA receiver, Bolt, Firing Pin, 18.5 Criterion CL USGI contour barrel and Boyd's Replica Wood Stock which then was assembled by LRB.
It is such a beautiful piece, I love just looking at it RNGR3 Won't have a RR until after Christmas since it is a gift yet 2 questions for the group.

Is it normal sometimes for the Aluminum handguards to not be a tight fit and rattle a little? All internals are completely covered, just has a little wiggle.

Second is op rod, LRB also had to file a little of the TRW OP ROD since they are retabbed by Randy via a professional machining company to be a little over sized to fit ALL receivers. Is it normal though or ok that my op rod moves up and down if I try and move it? It only wiggles maybe 1/4 to 1/5 of an inch and I don't see why that would be wrong yet I am very new to the M14 platform yet ironically, it is my FAVORITE platform GI1

Thanks to all who answer and help. I will need your guys expertise a lot in future.

Sincerely
GF

·
Administrator
17,193 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often Guy Fawkes. Thank your dad for his service to our country, America is better off because of him.

DI5

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Welcome aboard from E. Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome Guy, the answer you seek is lurking out there. It sounds like a really nice rifle and maybe the HG is free floated as to make no contact / pressure on the BBL. That should make it more accurate. It may rattle. So be it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for warm welcome... Merry Christmas

On a different note I mis typed that, the op rod just goes up and down on the handle part about 1/3 centimeter which is totally normal.

Also got black nitrate gas piston DIEVIL

But this is introduction, sorry just in love right now lol, I'm from Central Illinois and thanks all who post here and keep this great firearm alive. Hope to learn a lot.

Hope all had GREAT CHRISTMAS!!!

GF

A Free man does not have to ask if he can bear arms.
Thomas Jefferson

1 - 15 of 15 Posts