M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hardly new to the gun world but I discovered I never posted here before today. I have a keen interest in all guns but in the past it was mainly ARs, AKs, FALs, Uzis, Macs, Glocks, 1911s, and even 1919s etc. Then I went through a cowboy stage and got into lever guns and revolvers.

Now, I’ve moved onto to more historic guns and I’ve got four Garlands including one 1943 Winchester that I think is close to corrected (WRA Lockbar sight being one missing part), a correct 1943 WRA M1 Carbine, and a growing collection of 1903, 1903A3s and a 1903A4 clone.

With all this over the years I’ve never owned a M14. So, I have a CMP Grade A M14 kit I bought a few years ago that looks to be all HRA and I am here to learn and build a 1950s/60s era copy using as many of my parts kit parts as possible.

I have little doubt I may get sucked in and want a second but I’ve had health challenges the past few years that make shooting difficult - hell using a computer can be tricky, but it’s time to get this one done as it’s about the last gun I always meant to buy but never did.

I’ve got the tools, just need to get a budget together and study these M14s a bit more. I also have a BM59 kit with a ton of modified WRA parts that I need to do something with too but the M14 comes first.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts