M14 Forum banner

Hi guys

601 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  mic52
Hi all, I'm new here, but not new to the M1A/M14. I trained with it in '67, but ended up with a M16 when I deployed. I've always wanted a M1A, made some money on a 1984SS, so I bought one. It's a Scout, to start, but here's what I have done. New plastic upper handguard and removed scout scope mount, Bassett scope mount, Zeiss 3X9 Conquest, padded cheek riser, and best of all perhaps, Tubb's final finish ammo. After Tubb's and sighting in, I proceeded to hit a 4 inch gong 17 of 20 times @200yds, with Tula steel. I am pleased.
Now, my question. I bought a BFA, and some blue plastic blanks, and assume it will cycle properly, correct? One problem is that the BFA lower extension hits the gas plug nut. Can I cut the BFA to fit?? It looks like it should work, but I also wonder about blanks in the shorter barrel, and pressure. Also, do I need to remove the scope, and install the deflector? I don't recall using the deflector in the M14, but that was in '67 and my memory isn't perfect anymoose!. I shot hundreds/thousands through a full size M14. Fun on auto!!! All help is appreciated.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,993 Posts
Welcome aboard Rich D, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great weekend. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

· Premium Member
8,692 Posts
Welcome from the So CA Desert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.