M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I found this site when I was doing some research on a James River Armory M14NW. I found one at AIM surplus and took delivery of it last week. Like most of my weapons it shoots better than I do. I'm employed on Ft Knox as a helicopter pilot and at 59 years old gonna retire from the job and reserves in the very near future. I cowboy action shoot, ride motorcycles and pedal bikes when I'm not out on the lake on my boat. Been here in KY since 1996 and gotta say it's been the best move I ever made love it here.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome from NorCal. Sounds like your off to a good start with the JR rifle. The forum is full of info to answer any questions about a variety of topics and if you cannot find the answer, there a many knowledgeable members willing to help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Although I am new here as well: welcome aboard! I was stationed at FKK back in 1980 - 1981. I am finding a lot of good info here. I am sure you will enjoy your visits. Good luck.

Sneaker

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forums! Man, many years ago I marched over every mountain on FKK. How time flies.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, z3406, don't worry about the rifle being better than you are, that is the case with me too. GI2 I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome from western KY! The Meade County Sports Club holds HP matches on Scott Mtn range during the summers and, if you haven't already been to some, we'd love to have you join us. Bring along your M1a and squad up with me. I'm one of the very few (many times "only") .30 caliber shooter left. DI5

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the offer KY. I might just take you up on that I have a Garand thats a pretty good shooter too.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Great! Here are the dates (of course subject to change by the Army):

March 19 - XTC match
March 20 - Long Range
April 16 - M1/High Power Clinic
April 17 - LR
May 21 - XTC match
May 22 - LR
June 18 - XTC
June 19 - LR
July 16 - EIC match
July 17 - LR
August 27 - Warriors in Transition M1 Clinic or XTC match
Sept 17 - KY State HP Championship XTC
Sept 18 - KY State LR Championship
Sept 24 - Warriors in Transition M1 Clinic or Garand match

The Kentucky State Rifle & Pistol Association's website is www.kysrpa.org and it gives you information for registration and gate entry information. The 2011 schedule hasn't been posted yet but should be in the next couple of months.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service to our country!

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

"All gave some but some gave ALL"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts