M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!, I live in New York. Unfortunately we still live under the assault weapons ban. I am on the market for a preban and found one of an early 1994 manufacture with under 150 hornady rounds put through it. This rifle is rather pristine! I am curious as to whether or not $1650 is a reasonable offer for this kind of M1A.

I appreciate and advice that you all can give and I wish everyone a happy holiday!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. A pristine preban rifle can indeed be worth $1650, but that is what I would consider the high end.

In your situation, dealing with the state laws, you are kind of pushed in that preban direction, and most sellers know it.

Good luck with your purchase, it sounds as if you are heading in the right direction.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you 7.62 :) I am looking forward to being part of this community! where might i want to post some pictures of my rifle when I get it?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal to me. Pre-bans are nice rifles and for that kind of money you really can't go wrong. If you know someone into M1A's let them take a careful look at it and take the plunge.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello, and welcome. In my neck of the woods, that's a very good price.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm from NY also. I bought a Springfield Loaded this past May for $1550. I'm new to the M14 world but I like this alot. That price for a PreBan sounds like a good deal to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts