M14 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Wyoming, a State with counties the size of the State of Connecticut and has a sheriff's department of three people, yeah, I'll believe that....
My little county has more lieutenants than three.
A couple of clues:
There is no Absaroka County............or Durant, making it difficult to know their size.
Connecticut has a population of 3,572,665. Wyoming has 577,737. Wyoming encompasses
97,914 mi², Connecticut 5,567.
Craig Johnson is from Canada. He now lives near the town of Ucross WY, population 34.
There is no Powder Junction and most importantly; it's entertainment, not a documentary.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
A couple of clues:
There is no Absaroka County............or Durant, making it difficult to know their size.
Connecticut has a population of 3,572,665. Wyoming has 577,737. Wyoming encompasses
97,914 mi², Connecticut 5,567.
Craig Johnson is from Canada. He now lives near the town of Ucross WY, population 34.
There is no Powder Junction and most importantly; it's entertainment, not a documentary.
Yes, I know it is just a TV show, but look at all the counties in Wyoming, they average 4,260 square miles, and the smallest is 2,004 square miles. Sweetwater , the largest county is the same size a Massachusetts, and Hot Springs, the smallest county is still bigger than Rhode Island by about 500 square miles.

A quite a bit of territory for four people to police, especially from a single office. There is suspension of disbelief, and then there is this.

(And "Durant" is actually Las Vegas . . . . New Mexico.)

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi,
Well...I did say she played "tough" girls!DI5

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Yes, I know it is just a TV show, but look at all the counties in Wyoming, they average 4,260 square miles, and the smallest is 2,004 square miles. Sweetwater , the largest county is the same size a Massachusetts, and Hot Springs, the smallest county is still bigger than Rhode Island by about 500 square miles.

A quite a bit of territory for four people to police, especially from a single office. There is suspension of disbelief, and then there is this.

(And "Durant" is actually Las Vegas . . . . New Mexico.)
Well, New Mexico is where the series was filmed.
Perhaps it would help if you could envisage, in your minds eye, a high plain. There is sage, yucca and cottonwoods by the water courses. There are snow capped peaks on mountains in the distance and a lot of buffalo, deer, elk and pronghorn, but it's devoid of doughnut shops.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts