M14 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
The 1994 Federal Law mainly affected future production, sales and importation of firearms and magazines with certain features. It did not address registration or confiscation of existing firearms. Individual states came up with their own plans for such.

We were lucky that the law incorporated a 10 year limit, with the opportunity for renewal. Thank God there was a Republican in the Whte House when that time came.

The panic now not only concerns future production, but also the possibility that current firearms will be registered, confiscated, or otherwise forced to be made inoperable.
Curtailing future production and purchases does nothing for their cause. It’s nothing more than a speed bump.

They want retro action on the existing firearm base out there.
That’s what their coming for.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Does Beto have a chance at a Tx gov? Because that would be the ballgame I think if he was to get that spot.
He tried to beat Ted Cruz out of his Senate seat and failed big time.
If only the Democrat held large cities had their way, yes he has a chance.
But since the rest of the State outside those cities thinks otherwise, not much chance.
Spewing anti-gun rhetoric does not fare well here, even among some of the Democrats at work.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Whelp, in case you missed it yesterday, the Communist sock puppet occupying the WH opened it's mouth yesterday, and the man behind the curtain controlling it had it saying we're not gonna wait for another shooting, and, that there will be more gun control & AWB's rammed through both houses and puppet's gonna sign it, probably via autopen...

And another sound bite from the puppet had it praising China's policy of locking down and tightly controlling any dissonance or refusal to unite with the ruling party. Hmm...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Whelp, in case you missed it yesterday, the Communist sock puppet occupying the WH opened it's mouth yesterday, and the man behind the curtain controlling it had it saying we're not gonna wait for another shooting, and, that there will be more gun control & AWB's rammed through both houses and puppet's gonna sign it, probably via autopen...

And another sound bite from the puppet had it praising China's policy of locking down and tightly controlling any dissonance or refusal to unite with the ruling party. Hmm...
Where is the latter soundbite? What did he say?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I guess I am one of those pessimists others keep referring to. There are myriad reasons that we (conservatives, 2A supporters) are screwed in the long term.

The last election should teach us two things:

1. There are a lot of liberals in this country. Demographics have shifted to the left. Our new ruling class is leftist pols, leftist media elites, and leftist corporate elites (all controlled in some fashion by China, it seems). This ruling class has in its control virtually all people living in large cities, most women, and most non-whites. Trump was able to put some dents in some of these groups (I think he did better among blacks than most Republicans typically do), but it wasn't enough to stem the tide of women voters and third world types that are coming across the border in droves and will continue to do so. Also, we lost Georgia this time around. Maybe this was due to fraud, but years ago it wouldn't have even been close enough to steal. Now we're not only worried about losing Florida each election, but Georgia, NC, and Texas...TEXAS! Virginia is long gone.

2. Election fraud is real and always has been. Now we know it's powerful enough to upend a presidential election by using machines that count votes, among other methods, especially mail-in ballots. The lack of uproar of mail-in ballots means we'll probably never stop the practice and we'll never win another close election again.

People say we should rely on judicial review. Well, folks, judicial review depends almost entirely on the political persuasion of the judges and justices reviewing the case. Right now, we're in decent shape with barely a conservative majority. But that's not an absolute. Clarence Thomas is quite old and if he dies within 4 years, we're looking at 4 conservatives with a John Roberts swing vote. We can't count on John Roberts for anything. What could be totally catastrophic, if the Dems manage to increase the number of justices on the Supreme Court from 9 to 12 (or more), we are in serious trouble. Like trouble for multiple generations. I'm not sure we can stop them from doing this. Political unpopularity didn't stop them from hammering through unpopular legislation in the past (see Obamacare).

If the Dems manage to admit DC and Puerto Rico states, we've lost the Senate for the foreseeable future. As if we needed any help losing the Senate! We are barely hanging on there, with Texas, Arizona, et al not really reliable anymore as far as putting the right people in federal government.

Our inability to retake the House of Representatives over the last however many years should be a concern to us all. Back when the Dems were still considered the party of the little guy, and had some reason to be able to claim it, they held the House for decades. The Republican Party really is the party of the little guy now, and we can't manage to retake it, even though grassroots politics is where WE SHOULD be doing our best work at this point. But for some reason we don't. I don't know why that is except that, again, the demographics have shifted so much.

Sorry for typos and grammar. Wrote this in a hurry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm younger than most here it seems, early 40s. So I have a question for those who were affected by similar Democrat overreach 27 years ago.

Granted there were not internet forums such as these at the time, but what did all the patriots do when Clinton signed the 1994 "ban on crime" aka AWB? It seems to me a whole bunch of nothing, but I was just a kid and don't recall.
I don't think it was coincidental that the Republican party took control of the House later that year. That was one big consequence of the AWB from what I recall.

I guess I am one of those pessimists others keep referring to. There are myriad reasons that we (conservatives, 2A supporters) are screwed in the long term.

1. There are a lot of liberals in this country. Demographics have shifted to the left. Our new ruling class is leftist pols, leftist media elites, and leftist corporate elites (all controlled in some fashion by China, it seems). This ruling class has in its control virtually all people living in large cities, most women, and most non-whites. Trump was able to put some dents in some of these groups (I think he did better among blacks than most Republicans typically do), but it wasn't enough to stem the tide of women voters and third world types that are coming across the border in droves and will continue to do so. Also, we lost Georgia this time around. Maybe this was due to fraud, but years ago it wouldn't have even been close enough to steal. Now we're not only worried about losing Florida each election, but Georgia, NC, and Texas...TEXAS! Virginia is long gone.
This is absolutely true.

People say we should rely on judicial review. Well, folks, judicial review depends almost entirely on the political persuasion of the judges and justices reviewing the case. Right now, we're in decent shape with barely a conservative majority. But that's not an absolute. Clarence Thomas is quite old and if he dies within 4 years, we're looking at 4 conservatives with a John Roberts swing vote. We can't count on John Roberts for anything. What could be totally catastrophic, if the Dems manage to increase the number of justices on the Supreme Court from 9 to 12 (or more), we are in serious trouble. Like trouble for multiple generations. I'm not sure we can stop them from doing this. Political unpopularity didn't stop them from hammering through unpopular legislation in the past (see Obamacare).
Thomas isn't that old at 72. That's younger than Trump, if he coming back is your plan. Lots of justices have lasted into their 80s. Granted, anything is possible. As for the Dems stacking the court, thats pretty much off the table. Biden never committed to the idea and with all 50 Republican's plus at least one Dem in the Senate opposed to it, nothing is happening there for at least the immediate future.

Our inability to retake the House of Representatives over the last however many years should be a concern to us all. Back when the Dems were still considered the party of the little guy, and had some reason to be able to claim it, they held the House for decades. The Republican Party really is the party of the little guy now, and we can't manage to retake it, even though grassroots politics is where WE SHOULD be doing our best work at this point. But for some reason we don't. I don't know why that is except that, again, the demographics have shifted so much.
Obviously there are a lot of "what ifs" to come, but I think under normal circumstances the House could easily flip in 2022. Its a pretty narrow Democrat lead after this last election. However, the big unknown is whether there will be a "civil war" within the GOP. Realistically, the two major factions can't win if they force the other group out. Trump is already attacking McConnell and there are the R's who voted to impeach Trump. Whether that can be reconciled will determine a lot about where we are headed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't think it was coincidental that the Republican party took control of the House later that year. That was one big consequence of the AWB from what I recall.

This is absolutely true.

Thomas isn't that old at 72. That's younger than Trump, if he coming back is your plan. Lots of justices have lasted into their 80s. Granted, anything is possible. As for the Dems stacking the court, thats pretty much off the table. Biden never committed to the idea and with all 50 Republican's plus at least one Dem in the Senate opposed to it, nothing is happening there for at least the immediate future.

Obviously there are a lot of "what ifs" to come, but I think under normal circumstances the House could easily flip in 2022. Its a pretty narrow Democrat lead after this last election. However, the big unknown is whether there will be a "civil war" within the GOP. Realistically, the two major factions can't win if they force the other group out. Trump is already attacking McConnell and there are the R's who voted to impeach Trump. Whether that can be reconciled will determine a lot about where we are headed.
With regard to 1994, the Republican takeover of both houses had less to do with anti-AWB sentiment than it did an overall pushback against liberal policy-making in general and the Republican national push with the Contract with America. 2A sympathies I'm sure factored in, but not nearly as much as growing concern over the welfare state, socialization of medicine, and the sanctity of marriage. Now, I'm guessing a bit here, as I was only 14 or so in 1994.

Unfortunately now people don't really seem to care what the Dems say about anything. They get elected anyway. Can you imagine this past year flying with the electorate of 1994? There wouldn't be a Democrat in office.

Whether Joe Biden committed to stacking the Court or not is irrelevant. No one is going to hold him to anything, commitment or no. Whether they have the votes is the determining factor. They'll do everything they can if they have the votes to do it. And hopefully you're right on that count.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

2. Election fraud is real and always has been. Now we know it's powerful enough to upend a presidential election by using machines that count votes, among other methods, especially mail-in ballots. The lack of uproar of mail-in ballots means we'll probably never stop the practice and we'll never win another close election again.

If the Dems manage to admit DC and Puerto Rico states, we've lost the Senate for the foreseeable future. As if we needed any help losing the Senate! We are barely hanging on there, with Texas, Arizona, et al not really reliable anymore as far as putting the right people in federal government.

Sorry for typos and grammar. Wrote this in a hurry.
Absolutely spot on! We're screwed for the foreseeable future and beyond, I don't think we're coming back from this...

And that sound bite I mentioned of Joe Biden actually praising the Chinese Communist Party's locking down and tightly controlling of any dissonance and refusal to unite with the ruling party? It was in the sock puppet's own words and played yesterday on Glenn Beck's program, I shouldn't be surprised, but, my jaw dropped a little actually hearing it out in the open like that...

·
Registered
Save the Country - Vote Libertarian
244 Posts
The only thing mail-in ballots do is ensure that people who would otherwise not bother going to the polls can vote from their couch. If Trump had advocated for mailing in ballots then the results wouldn't have changed other than the timing where in-person ballots wouldn't have put Trump ahead prior to mail-ins being counted.

Conspiracy theories are very valuable in politics to deflect from an election loss (Dems did the same thing with Russiagate) and ensuring the base doesn't get upset about terrible candidates, but in the end the party needs to fix their issues behind the scenes and work towards winning the next one

·
Premium Member
Science Gremlin
815 Posts
...in the end the party needs to fix their issues behind the scenes and work towards winning the next one
That sounds like a lot of work. Making stuff up and sticking to it is way easier.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mail in ballots should only be permitted for registered voters with bona fide actual absence from their homes - mostly military, serious medical problems preventing an in-person vote and the like. If you are able to come in person to vote there is no reason to permit an absentee ballot. Moreover, any voter should be required to bring two forms of picture ID with them for presentment upon signing in. No picture ID, no voting permitted.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
The only thing mail-in ballots do is ensure that people who would otherwise not bother going to the polls can vote from their couch.
Except for the vote harvesting and fraud that just gets easier with mail in voting.

How about we just keep it simple with 3 basic tenets.

1 live person=1 live vote.
It must be verified with a legal photo identification, truly verified.
Only a legal citizen can vote.

And if you are too lazy to get off the couch to exercise your vote, you probably shouldn’t vote anyway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
#Not my president
Will not comply with unlawful orders.
Been a Marine, police officer and deputy sheriff. I took an oath three times. An oath is like a promise, only more so, and I meant it all three times. I am blessed to reside in a county with a Constitutional sheriff, whom I served. Laws passed by those who violate THEIR oath do not bind me. Their oaths were meaningless inconveniences that they had to perform to get to the place where they can give orders to us and rake in money. You gents rock, they suck.

Reactions: TheShooter

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Does anyone here really believe that the Village Idiot got more votes than O'butthead did in his elections , really , give me a break , there are not as many real people out there that vote for the democommie's . The only way they can win an election is by fraud & its been going on for more years then can count , its why you ask , how could that idiot get elected , well we just witnessed it in 2020 . Why do you think democrats in those contested States /Counties are fighting so hard to stop any forensic investigation with the voting machines . What are they afraid of , what is hidden ,a big red flag . Its already been proven by science & There is plenty of proof that major fraud has happened , but its not permitted to be seen in any court , thats not a conspiracy , its real

·
Registered
2 Posts
We as a family were really enjoying our special day today. Then I open up my news feed and see where President O’Biden has asked Congress to act on universal back ground checks and a new ban on “assault weapons” and high capacity magazines. Totally ruined our evening.
Why do they as lawmakers and elitists get to keep their armed guards with these same type weapons while we are expected to give ours up and be at the mercy of all these so called “peaceful protesters?” , thugs, felons, etc. who have no inclination to follow anyone’s’ laws and disarm themselves.
When is enough, enough? Secession is looking better and better! Thoughts anyone? 🙏🇺🇸🙏
Doubt secession is a practical answer. However, the ballot box can be powerful if we can get our act together. Wouldn't it be nice, at the mid-term (2022) elections to swing Congress to a conservative (read "Republican") majority. It means we need to get busy and active to make it happen before the Republican party implodes/self-destructs.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts