M14 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Don't the governors of the states activate their guard units and send them where they are needed? Aren't these guard members your neighbors? Where does the federal government fit in when they are called to serve; say in the middle east? So don't the guard members serve at the state governor's pleasure? The guard goes where the governor of the state sends them? Correct?
ALL National Guards troops belong to TWO reserves: their state Guard Units AND the National Guard of the United States. Under the terms of the National Defense Act of 1933, The National Guard of the United States was established; it IS a department of the U.S. Army, period. That means ALL state Guard units CAN be federalize WITHOUT any input from the state governors in a time of "national emergency". Scary, huh? The ONE reserve militia unit established in the Dick Act that has NEVER changed IS the "unorganized" militia: EVERY able bodied American male from 17-60(originally, it was 17-45, but when the Guard raised their maximum age of recruitment to 59 the criteria for the "unorganized" militia also changed).

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
and several gun fights to preserve freedoms. Move to a RED state. Our local sheriff has already stated that he will not enforce Biden's gun laws, but Biden may send in the NG. So, be prepared! Douglas Magarther (sic) fired on vets in DC, so don't think that it will not happen again. Just be prepared to die. I am!
I believe the governor controls the national guard.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Precisely. Testor IS the definition of a "swamp creature". He has NEVER shown a willingness to "buck" the DEMwit leadership on ANYTHING. Testor also knows the larger cities(especially Missoula and Billings) are controlled by progressive DEMwits(mostly CA and other "left coast" refugees). He WILL be re-elected into perpetuity because of this, gun rights be damned.
Billings? Yellowstone county, which includes Billings, voted Trump over Biden 61/37. Maybe you meant Bozeman, which did vote for Biden. The state voted Trump 57/41, so we are still a ways from flipping.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Racer-The NG when activated for Federal use comes under Federal control. It is then out of the State’s jurisdiction. When I was activated in 68 in Memphis we taken from state to federal control. The Feds were going to send us out on the street without ammunition. Our Commanders would not go along and told the feds no. Then the ammo was passed out. I fear the Guard does not have the leaders we had then. Looks like they are too PC If you get my drift.
SSG Ret.
TX & TN ARNG
66-06
SCV
Thank you!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Racer-The NG when activated for Federal use comes under Federal control. It is then out of the State’s jurisdiction. When I was activated in 68 in Memphis we taken from state to federal control. The Feds were going to send us out on the street without ammunition. Our Commanders would not go along and told the feds no. Then the ammo was passed out. I fear the Guard does not have the leaders we had then. Looks like they are too PC If you get my drift.
SSG Ret.
TX & TN ARNG
66-06
SCV
All the photos I saw on TV of National Guard members in the streets around the Capitol there were no magazine in the rifles.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I will be the first to admit, I said here several times, no way Biden wins and how wrong I was! I thought we would maintain the Senate, wrong again!
From that point on, I am less pessimistic than some. My view is that if they try to pass massive gun control by fiat, and not thru Congress: it will be met with many court challenges and likely enough to keep it in check until the next favorable election. Remember if a law or action is stayed by a court, nothing happens until its resolved.
I maintain that no legally owned firearms will be confiscated in the near term. And I dont believe we should dismiss SCOTUS just yet. We still have several really good judges there and dont forget, during Trumps term he added lots of good or at least better judges to all courts, in record numbers. And the threat of court stacking is not going to be an easy thing to accomplish, despite the bluster.
Will that be enough, who knows.
I dont think a new AW ban will be difficult to pass thru Congress (they did it before) but I also dont think it will incorporate the kinds of punishment some envision and if it does, there I think the courts will step in and say hold the phone guys!
Time will tell.
This is true. Case in point; the bumps to keep "Ban" is still working it's way through the courts. Because it was done by a ruling not law with forced surrender or destruction the only resolution.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
The days of armed troops protecting the President are long gone. It's sad, but soldiers aren't trusted with live ammunition around politicians.
The NG ought to be more worried about their over weight soldiers.
And I was never allowed to wear my PC inside a building.
PS I worked with NG in AIT.
Screenshot_20210115-142802_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210115-142348_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210115-142802_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210115-142544_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210115-142530_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
761 Posts
The days of armed troops protecting the President are long gone. It's sad, but soldiers aren't trusted with live ammunition around politicians.
I did see a photo from the 60s where the National Guard was moving back a line of protestors with M14s and fixed bayonets.

I bet they moved back without resisting - or throwing bottles of urine.

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
I did see a photo from the 60s where the National Guard was moving back a line of protestors with M14s and fixed bayonets.

I bet they moved back without resisting - or throwing bottles of urine.
Kent State was pretty much the last time NG troops were issued live ammunition. Now it usually stays locked up until someone very high up decides it is necessary.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Billings? Yellowstone county, which includes Billings, voted Trump over Biden 61/37. Maybe you meant Bozeman, which did vote for Biden. The state voted Trump 57/41, so we are still a ways from flipping.
Bozeman, sorry. Biden took five counties here in Indiana(Monroe, Marion, Tippecanoe, Lake and St. Joseph). All of these counties have ONE thing in common: they are university towns and have been controlled by the DEMwits for decades. Marion(Indianapolis), Lake(Gary) and St. Joseph(South Bend) lead Indiana in homicides every year. Had the same result: 57/41. We are becoming more wary of the inroads progressives have made here in the Hoosier State. A bill authorizing Constitutional carry is in the General Assembly as we speak. We have the votes to carry it, it IS questionable whether the RINOs who control the state GOP apparatus have the will to override a promised veto from our RINO governor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm younger than most here it seems, early 40s. So I have a question for those who were affected by similar Democrat overreach 27 years ago.

Granted there were not internet forums such as these at the time, but what did all the patriots do when Clinton signed the 1994 "ban on crime" aka AWB? It seems to me a whole bunch of nothing, but I was just a kid and don't recall.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I think that people who have made fun of those living in CA and NY, and who blamed those gun owners for allowing the anti gun laws to get passed, are going to start finding out what living under those laws are like.

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
I'm younger than most here it seems, early 40s. So I have a question for those who were affected by similar Democrat overreach 27 years ago.

Granted there were not internet forums such as these at the time, but what did all the patriots do when Clinton signed the 1994 "ban on crime" aka AWB? It seems to me a whole bunch of nothing, but I was just a kid and don't recall.
The 1994 Federal Law mainly affected future production, sales and importation of firearms and magazines with certain features. It did not address registration or confiscation of existing firearms. Individual states came up with their own plans for such.

We were lucky that the law incorporated a 10 year limit, with the opportunity for renewal. Thank God there was a Republican in the Whte House when that time came.

The panic now not only concerns future production, but also the possibility that current firearms will be registered, confiscated, or otherwise forced to be made inoperable.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts