M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We as a family were really enjoying our special day today. Then I open up my news feed and see where President O’Biden has asked Congress to act on universal back ground checks and a new ban on “assault weapons” and high capacity magazines. Totally ruined our evening.
Why do they as lawmakers and elitists get to keep their armed guards with these same type weapons while we are expected to give ours up and be at the mercy of all these so called “peaceful protesters?” , thugs, felons, etc. who have no inclination to follow anyone’s’ laws and disarm themselves.
When is enough, enough? Secession is looking better and better! Thoughts anyone? 🙏🇺🇸🙏

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Secession? First go around (1860) we ran out of weapons and bullets & had a poor transportation system. Now it seems many of the firearms and ammo mfg'ers have relocated to Red States. Red States also have oil, gas, energy, food, etc. Democraps have guns too so not sure the Senate can get 51 votes.... or fillibuster if necessary for 60 votes?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I was in service we were trained that real leaders led by or set the example. These blowhards need to step up to the plate and lay theirs weapons and guards down first... I don’t see how we can vote our way out of this mess b/c they control the voting machines and Big Tech is in lock step with these Commu-crats. I am not advocating any armed rebellion, violence or retribution. However, it is time we as Patriotic Americans that do not want to change our precious Constitution and Republic stand up and be heard NOW. You all know we are at a cataclysmic turning point in our Nation’s history. For the most part we have griped and complained about the things we are seeing but all talk and no action is not going to cut it. They are probing with a bayonet and so far they are encountering mush. They will continue to do so as long as we keep the blindfolds and masks on. They stick together as a whole body. Too bad we can’t say the same about our side. I am looking for answers and thoughtful input. There are more of us than there are of them, they just make more noise for now. God bless and keep our Republic! 🙏🇺🇸🙏

·
Registered
139 Posts
A few on this forum supported this. I am a single issue citizen, as 99% of the time you support the 2A, you support freedom.

I am an American and I will follow the constitution.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We as a family were really enjoying our special day today. Then I open up my news feed and see where President O’Biden has asked Congress to act on universal back ground checks and a new ban on “assault weapons” and high capacity magazines. Totally ruined our evening.
Why do they as lawmakers and elitists get to keep their armed guards with these same type weapons while we are expected to give ours up and be at the mercy of all these so called “peaceful protesters?” , thugs, felons, etc. who have no inclination to follow anyone’s’ laws and disarm themselves.
When is enough, enough? Secession is looking better and better! Thoughts anyone? 🙏🇺🇸🙏
I thought they were going to wait for a tragedy (which nobody wants except gun grabbers) and take advantage of the news cycle. If this push for anti-2a happens, I fully expect all social media and big tech companies to fall in line and start the banning.

If God forbid they are successful, I am 100% positive big tech will move to ban most everything related to firearms. From YouTube to credit cards, and sea to shining sea....maybe even forums. Doom and gloom.

On a positive note, if they don't pack the courts, we have chance there. Also, without a tragedy, it will be hard to get something passed.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don’t believe it mattered who we voted for...the FIX was in! As far as a tragedy, these people don’t care who or how many have to die to get their long term agenda passed. For heavens sake, they’re in bed with the Chinese!
BTW, my entire family, myself and everyone we know didn’t vote for Beijing Joe. 🤡🤡

·
Premium Member
Science Gremlin
814 Posts
You guys are panicking because the anti-gun guy is saying anti-gun things, and asking Congress to agree with him (which it is unlikely to do - see also: impeachment trial this week). Don't get all worked up over a speech.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You guys are panicking because the anti-gun guy is saying anti-gun things, and asking Congress to agree with him (which it is unlikely to do - see also: impeachment trial this week). Don't get all worked up over a speech.
Exactly. Fifty senators have to vote for anything they want done and there are at least two D's from red states who know their careers are over if they vote for gun control. The time to make yourself clear is when/if this comes to a vote in the House or Senate. Watching YouTube gun channels act like its the end of the world because the same anti-gun bills that have been introduced in Congress for the last 10 years are being introduced again reinforces the idea I already know which is that most Americans have no idea how our government actually works.

·
Registered
933 Posts
He laid his intentions out very clearly in his platform.

For example:

As president, Biden will:

• Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. ... Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.
Just wait till the executive orders start flying.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Read H.R. 127? It takes a majority ONE to pass legislation in both the House AND the Senate. Do you assume Biden would NOT sign H.R. 127 IF it actually passes? Two probably defectors in the Senate (Manchin and Sinema) will NOT outweigh the weak kneed RINOs (Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Toomey), all of which have repeatedly sided with DEMwits on gun control issues. BTW....precisely how many modern sporting rifles do YOU own(M1As included...they WOULD be banned by H.R. 127)?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts