M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Digging through some old ammo cans in the cave and fond a can of loose 30'06, bought at least 30 years ago. Headstamp LC69, should be non corrosive ball I presume. Others were black painted tips headstamp DA then a symbol that looks like a C with a 1 in it, the C is to full and the cap of the 1 is too long though, looks more like an upside down scythe and the C like a O with about a 1/4 taken from the front.year on it is 51. Is this likely to be corrosive and armor piercing? Thanks for any info. going to do some searching elsewhere.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
DA but not DAQ

The blacktipped stuff is headstamped DA with a weird ?C not DAQ whih all my references say the Canadian Dominion Ammo should be labeled. I had about 400rds of Dominion 308 ammo many, many years ago, fine ammo on stripper clips in rubberized battle pack bandoliers. Still have some of the brass and it's marked DA. I think the mystery continues for now. It's getting abit depressing though, I had that ammo before my youngest son was born and he graduated from University LAST year.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,130 Posts
Research, still the best game in town anymore...

The first year of being non-corrosive primers.

.30-’06 Ball
DAQ (Canadian) All non-corrosive​
VC (Canadian) All non-corrosive
TW 51
FA 52
LC 52
RA 52
WCC 52
WRA 52
SL 53
.30-’06 AP black tip.
FA 52
TW 53
LC 53
SL 53
WRA 55

TW= Twin Cities Ordnance Plant, Minneapolis, MN
FA = Frankford Arsenal until 1973.
LC = Lake City Arsenal
DAQ= Dominion Arsenal, Québec
DEN = Denver Arsenal
SL= St Louis Arsenal
UT = Utah Arsenal
RA = Remington
WRA= Winchester Repeating Arms
VC= Canadian Industries Limited (C-I-L,) Verdun, Quebec

I hope that this helps you out big bear.DI5

Reactions: big bear
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.