M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loaded 20 rounds but have not fired them yet. I am using cci #34 primers. I have the rcbs hand priming tool. I squeezed the tool all the way when I seated the primers. They are deep so i have no worry of a slamfire. But, can they be too deep so they won't fire? I am just hoping I don't go to the range and I have 20 rounds that won't fire. Any insight would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it,,as long as the primers look good and aren't smashed or crushed down,,I would think your good to go !! GI6

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Deep is Good
If you ever pull an unfired Cartridge from the chamber after the bolt Slams it Home you will see why Deep is Good.
That being said You Should be more than good to go as I do not think you can over set them
Enjoy and give us a Report

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Like the others have said, deep is good. Mine seat between .008"-.011" deep now that I have a drill attachment for my primer pocket uniformer.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
deep is good, but you dont want to crush them. with the hand tool, seat them until you feel them bottom out, do notcrush them by squeezing the handle as far as it will go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seated all of them as deep as I could. I pulled the rcbs hand priming tool all the way.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Like the others have said, deep is good. Mine seat between .008"-.011" deep now that I have a drill attachment for my primer pocket uniformer.

Glenn
Discus, go out to the range and see if you have any misfires. Seating to the above depth shouldn't cause any problems. dozier

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope no issues at all. I had good results for my first loads. I'll post the pictures in a bit. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nope no issues at all. I had good results for my first loads. I'll post the pictures in a bit. Thanks for the advice.
Good to hear. Welcome to a New World. Remember, safety first and if your not sure about anything please ask.

Glenn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts