M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe I should define my question a little better.
I does shoot great but I am curious as to the year of manufacture and if the barrel would be chromed lined.

Thank You

· Registered
42 Posts
Holy Moses, that's an early one. I think you're right around 1975 with that ser. no. Hang tight, the real experts will chime in soon.

To my knowledge, a barrel which is only marked "Geneseo, Il." is a commercial Springfield Armory (Inc.) barrel, which would not be chrome lined.

· Registered
868 Posts
Make sure its not a USGI barrel that has had "Geneseo, Il" added. This was done by SAI for awhile, but I don't know the exact time period.
Here's a 1963 vintage winchester barrel with "Geneseo, Il" stamped on the bottom, forward of the GC:

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I"ll take another look but the only markings I could find were Geneseo, Il.
The only thing not original I belive is the stock which looks to be a painted fiberglass with the selector cut out.

· Registered
4,094 Posts
Bring her to one of our shoots and we'll look her over for ya....................

· Registered
93 Posts
Maybe I should define my question a little better.
I does shoot great but I am curious as to the year of manufacture and if the barrel would be chromed lined.

Thank You
That's and early SN at a time when they were using all USGI parts, so I suspect you will find other barrel markings under the handguard. I assume the USGI barrels were chrome lined. Nice find all the same. Did you get it for a fair price?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.