M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trawled but could not find a title in the threads that covered my concerns, so if this has been covered before and I missed it - i apologise.
My problem is this - when I mount my Sage DCSB to the rear of my EBR top cover the mount is ever so slightly loose, I have to torque up the two screws on the right of the mount fairly good to secure the mount, also the mount is offset to the left when mounted, I had to drift my clip guide to the left so that the locating pin could seat properly, now the scope is offset to the left.
Is this normal? If not how the hell do i fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Happy Independence Day to all.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I trawled but could not find a title in the threads that covered my concerns, so if this has been covered before and I missed it - i apologise.
My problem is this - when I mount my Sage DCSB to the rear of my EBR top cover the mount is ever so slightly loose, I have to torque up the two screws on the right of the mount fairly good to secure the mount, also the mount is offset to the left when mounted, I had to drift my clip guide to the left so that the locating pin could seat properly, now the scope is offset to the left.
Is this normal? If not how the hell do i fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Happy Independence Day to all.
I had the exact same problem. Here's what I got in response:

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/161631-sage-dcsb-won-t-lock-down.html

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, i have tried all of the advice to the letter and my DCSB is still not fully locked, its mounting WAY off to the left too.
It really does look like my DCSB is out of spec, both in terms of locking to the top cover rail, and being centred on axis with the bore, i attempted to shim the DCSB last night to help align the rail, but i need about 4-4.5mm of a shim!!
I live in Ireland so its not like i can go to my local RFD and swap out for a functional DCSB, i would pretty honestly say i have the only one in the country.
I put so much money and effort into all of this, feeling fairly gutted.
HELP!

·
Registered
369 Posts
It would suck to have paid for a fake DCSB, but waffen schumcher in Germany are the distrubutor for Sage in Europe.
Contact them nd they should be able to hook you up for a genuine DCSB.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it, I'm preoccupied with being taken for a chump.
I'm waiting for Sage to clarify if the mount is real or not, if its a knock off - i will be going straight through PayPal's dispute procedure for full refund.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Tell me about it, I'm preoccupied with being taken for a chump.
I'm waiting for Sage to clarify if the mount is real or not, if its a knock off - i will be going straight through PayPal's dispute procedure for full refund.
Wondering what the outcome of this was?

Reactions: NOMISS

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Interesting we have another pop up.

Foxwell did you figure it out?

Question for this OP WAS the mount new in the sage wrapper?

My money is still on bubba. That is, the mount or rail or both have been modified in some way.

·
13,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Interesting we have another pop up.

Foxwell did you figure it out?

Question for this OP WAS the mount new in the sage wrapper?

My money is still on bubba. That is, the mount or rail or both have been modified in some way.
No. I've accepted the fact that I'm just stuck with a paperweight.
Not sure how you can blame bubba when you have two DCSB's now with the exact same symptoms. Mine was new and I was assured it was authentic.

·
13,515 Posts
Well in my experience people can say anything.

Did you talk to tammy she can get you with the right person to resolve your issues.

Not so much the OP in ireland. But foxy, you certainly could send it to sage.

What about just picking up some longer machine screws ?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sent an email to Sage last week and got a reply fairly sharpish on Monday morning last from Channing Will at Sage, he said that from a glance at the pictures i sent it does look like a fake because of the rough machine marks and problems with fitting that i am having.
He said he had sent the pictures to Quality Control and Production for confirmation of it being a fake or not, and he would get back to me with more information soon, still nothing - even after i sent another email to check in this week.
My DCSB arrived to me in a open bag, no instructions........ nothing.

Reactions: sfoxwell

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I sent an email to Sage last week and got a reply fairly sharpish on Monday morning last from Channing Will at Sage, he said that from a glance at the pictures i sent it does look like a fake because of the rough machine marks and problems with fitting that i am having.
He said he had sent the pictures to Quality Control and Production for confirmation of it being a fake or not, and he would get back to me with more information soon, still nothing - even after i sent another email to check in this week.
My DCSB arrived to me in a open bag, no instructions........ nothing.
I too received an email from Mr Will saying, "The cam doesn’t quite look like right to me, so I am guessing the part was either not machined correctly (very unlikely) or it is a counterfeit (which do exist unfortunately)". Also said he'd have "the guys in the office" look at it and they would "determine a course of action". I never heard back. That was back on June 10th. I plan on following up tomorrow.
One is an anomaly...two with identical issues is a problem. I've been reassured mine was authentic.

Reactions: NOMISS

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I too received an email from Mr Will saying, "The cam doesn’t quite look like right to me, so I am guessing the part was either not machined correctly (very unlikely) or it is a counterfeit (which do exist unfortunately)". Also said he'd have "the guys in the office" look at it and they would "determine a course of action". I never heard back. That was back on June 10th. I plan on following up tomorrow.
One is an anomaly...two with identical issues is a problem. I've been reassured mine was authentic.
Does your mount have the Sage LOGO? I bought mine off of Amazon.com not ever realizing that fakes existed Mine fit the top cover snugly and the rear pin alignment was on the money. Had I known that there were fakes out there I would have ordered mine from Clydes.

·
13,515 Posts
Two points don't make a line.

I've never seen one with a logo!!! Doesn't mean it's fake.

I don't think sage should even weigh in unless they have the culprit in hand.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Does your mount have the Sage LOGO? I bought mine off of Amazon.com not ever realizing that fakes existed Mine fit the top cover snugly and the rear pin alignment was on the money. Had I known that there were fakes out there I would have ordered mine from Clydes.
No, no logo, no numbers, not a mark. I've contacted the original source of mine and was assured it's authentic.

Reactions: rhino41

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here, that mount in the pic even looks better. I smell a rat with our mounts sfoxwell.....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dodgy....

My DCSB, feel free to comment...

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I'm not sure that the earlier Genuine DCSB mounts were marked with the Sage LOGO. I know that the newer ones have it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My DCSB came with installation instructions. It even said that the right way to mount it is to loosen the allen screws, mount on rail, close clamps and tighten. Is the DCSB mounted properly in the stripper clip mount?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would suck to have paid for a fake DCSB, but waffen schumcher in Germany are the distrubutor for Sage in Europe.
Contact them nd they should be able to hook you up for a genuine DCSB.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts