M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a customer's little Colt 25 Auto in here for "fitting" of a new firing pin. That only required some slight smoothing and filing to get it in and sliding smoothly. Did that, but it does the same thing as it did before: it won't , won/t pick up a new rod out of either mag, both of which appear to be in great shape, and even if I manually place a round into the chamber, it won't fire.

Question is: does anyone know a good 'smith who has lots of experience with these? This one's in great shape and should be saved, but I have run out of ideas and would either need to talk to an experienced gunny on the piece, or more likely would send it to him.

Otherwise, I'll have to return it no charge, and I've already spent about 3 h on it!

HELP!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

Are you referring to the Colt "Vest Pocket" 1908 pistol? When I rebuilt mine, I installed a complete new spring set from Wolf. The guide rod was a tiny bit bent, I can't recall if I straightened or replaced it, but did replace the main spring guide and the firing pin. Mine didn't require any fitting. Are you sure the mag, spring and follower are good?

Regards, Jim

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
As I noted on your THR thread, you need to determine for sure whether you're talking about the Browning "Baby" or the FN/Browning 1905/1906 or Colt 1908.

they are not interchangeable. The 1905/1906/1908 are basically identical with the exception of variations in the safety/takedown switch placement.

the Browning Baby is a completely different pistol.

Post a pic of the pistol in question. I'm guessing the parts you're trying to use are incompatible/intended for the other pistol. Just a wild guess, though.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea. Will do tomorrow. (Saturday). The piece is a Colt .25, which I simply assumed was the same pistol, built under license, as the original Browning .25s. My ignorance probably.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.