M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Springfield Armory M1 Garand that has a May of 1944 receiver. According to Scott Duff's book, all the parts (trigger housing, hammer, safety, bolt and op rod) are Springfield and date late '43 to early '44. The rifle has obviously gone through a rebuild or two, but the barrel has me puzzled. I can't seem to find anything on the internet about this particular barrel, so I'm turning the quest over to the more skilled on this site! That is a circle F in the center.

Wood Publication Writing implement Material property Font

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told that the "AY" in the stamping meant it had been rebarreled in Korea, but like I said in the original post, I can find little about that stamping anywhere!

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I was told that the "AY" in the stamping meant it had been rebarreled in Korea, but like I said in the original post, I can find little about that stamping anywhere!
Read my post #5
You wont find out much about them as they were sent to Europe. Few have found their way to the US on Imported rifles .They are uncommon but not worth a premium
Google "Ferro Machine & Foundry garand barrel" Im sure there is mention of it elsewhere

1 - 9 of 9 Posts