M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm new sorry i did something wrong……..
Im looking for info on M14 wire collapsible stocks.
Were they factory made? The guy who is trying to sell me is stating experimental. Its a plastic stock so this is a later springfield. Not a MASS. Springfield.
any pictures or info greatly appreciated…
this stock is NOT cheap by any means… i need to make sure I'm not being taking advantage of….

here are similar pics i found online

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
That is a custom mod stock.

Use a us gi fiberglass stock. Cut at proper angle and install a sage alcs rear end.

You can also purchase the vltor modstock and install a sage rear end to it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply… i have yet to see this stock,… those were just the ONLY images i can find of a wire stock…..

·
13,515 Posts

·
13,515 Posts
The sage is not so much a wire stock ... those are heavy steel rods!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The style of stock pictured originates from U.S. Navy efforts to make a more 'compact' M14. The Navy took surplus Fiberglass stocks that they had on hand and took collapsible wire stocks made by Sage International for shotguns and combined them to make a stock much like the first one pictured (black and tan color). These efforts would lead to the development of the Mk.14 EBR.

The second and third pictures (green camo) are of a stock that was made by a member here, on this forum, to emulate the Navy stock.

As to the authenticity of the stock in question as to whether it was actually part of the pre- Mk.14 Navy efforts or is something that someone put together in their garage is up in the air.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info… THANK YOU GUYS….
WAS there EVER a factory experimental of this?????
THIS is what the guy is telling me…..
i hope to see this week & will keep you all posted

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Great info… THANK YOU GUYS….
WAS there EVER a factory experimental of this?????
THIS is what the guy is telling me…..
i hope to see this week & will keep you all posted
Factory? No.

It was developed at Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane, Indiana. They were all hand built.

I would be very suspicious of the authenticity especially with the ease of making a counterfeit. Please get pictures of the stock being offered. There are people here who have seen these first hand.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh i sure will,….. Guy wants A LOT of MONEY for it….. and i have to make sure its something really unique that i cannot make… or pass on it

thank you all for the help & info….

I'm praying its something I've seen at the SPRINGFIELD ARMORY MUSEUM… but i doubt i will be that lucky

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
oh i sure will,….. Guy wants A LOT of MONEY for it….. and i have to make sure its something really unique that i cannot make… or pass on it

thank you all for the help & info….

I'm praying its something I've seen at the SPRINGFIELD ARMORY MUSEUM… but i doubt i will be that lucky
You won't see it at the Springfield Armory Museum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts