M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here seeking words of wisdom.
I purchased two Fowler rifles from an estate recently and I am seeking knowledge on what he used for torque settings on his lugs.

I would be grateful for any input.

very respectfully,

Jester762

·
Registered
348 Posts
60-65 inch pounds has been passed around for McMillan stocked lugged guns. Don’t know about wood, I was going to use 50 for my wood one I’m building. For comparison my McCoy M1 built in 2001 has 40 inch pounds etched into floor plate by Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tgilkey, I haven’t pulled these apart yet but will check floor plates. One of these is in a McMillan and the other is in a MC wood stock. My son and I share a Nelson rifle at the Perry SA match and I stumbled on these and thought we could give them a try.
I’m only looking for a starting point for torque and don’t want to spend a bunch of time testing them with different settings. We both know that a rifles accuracy is best achieved with quality practice

·
Registered
348 Posts
Very happy you found these. I wanted one very much when I first started shooting Highpower but couldn’t afford one of Fowler’s lugged guns. So now I’m building my own. Enjoy shooting these with your son, I used to have so much enjoyment in shooting matches with my girls, but they grew up on me. Enjoy the practice and enjoy the matches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, my dip shoot moment, no floor plate. I looked all over them and found no notes. Half expected something inside the butt plate but found nothing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah, no floor plate lol. Too bad there was no notes. Hopefully someone comes along that owns a Fowler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts